- Kyrene School District
- Online Handbook
Forms of Payment | Monthly Tuition Invoicing and Payments | Pick Your Days Invoice Schedule | Late Payments | Outstanding Balances | Financial Responsibility | Refunds | Insufficient Funds | Additional Fees | Financial Assistance | Discounts | Flex-Spending | Tax ID Number
Payments can be made:
Forms of Payment [back to top]
Check/Money Order: Check and money order payments are accepted at the Kyrene District Office or in the drop box. Please write account number on the check to ensure the payment is posted to the correct account. Checks will be run electronically on the date they are received. Insufficient funds including returned checks and stopped payments may be charged an Insufficient Funds Fee.
Credit/Debit Card: We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Auto-charge: When you register online for a monthly tuition program, you may enroll in auto-charge. If you choose the auto-charge option, your full month's tuition will be charged on the 1st of each month. You may change your auto-charge at any time by logging into your account.
Cash: Only exact change is accepted.
Kyrene Employee Payroll Deduction: Kyrene employees may participate in Payroll Deduction with equal deductions made during the school year. This option is only available for monthly tuition programs. To sign up for payroll deduction, complete a Payroll Deduction Form available at the Kyrene District Office. If you will be changing your program, after you have initially signed up, you will need to "Opt Out" of payroll deductions.
Click on "Log-in/Register"
Sign in to your Eleyo account
Click "Your Profile" tab
Outstanding balance will be displayed
Click on “Pay” and pay Balance Due or Specify Other Amount
Add to cart and Checkout to make payment
Logout of Eleyo
Monthly Tuition Program Invoicing and Payments [back to top]
Consistent Schedule Plan
Tuition is calculated based upon the number of school days in the year. The annual tuition amount is then divided into ten equal monthly payments so that the monthly payments do not fluctuate. Monthly tuition does not include Non-School dates.
Payments for Kids Club, Preschool and After Hours are due on the first of the month prior to the month services are rendered. For example, the August payment is due by July 1. Ten equal monthly tuition payments are due on the first of July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March, and April. For information regarding late payments, please see below.
If you register for a program after the first of the month, the prorated amount for the current month in addition to the advance-paid regular monthly tuition amounts will be due. The prorated amount is dependent upon the remaining number of weeks in the school year, so the prorated amount could be higher than the monthly tuition. Partial payments of amounts due are not accepted.
Payment for Weeks 1-5 is due May 1. Payment for Weeks 6-9 is due June 1. Students may not attend the program and will be administratively withdrawn if payment is not received in full by May 20 for weeks 1-5 and June 20 for weeks 6-9.
Pick Your Days Plan (Kids Club only)
Invoices will be generated the last business day of the month and just like our Consistent Schedule plan, payments will be due the 1st of the month for the following month’s attendance (i.e., tuition is due July 1 for attendance in August). Contracts not paid by the 20th will be considered late and may result in withdrawal. Contracts withdrawn twice due to nonpayment will not be reinstated for the Pick Your Days plan for the remainder of the school year. Families will be allowed to submit a contract for one of our Consistent Schedule plans.
Changes to the dates you selected may be made without penalty until the invoice is generated. Once invoices are generated, the dates you selected are locked in for the invoice period and you will not be able to remove or switch days in your schedule. However, you may add days for that invoice period at the current Drop-In rate with a two-business day notice. Credit will not be given for any unused days.
2019-20 Pick Your Days Invoice Schedule [back to top]
|Invoice date||Payment due date||Invoice period|
|June 28||July 1||July 29 - August 30|
|July 31||August 1||September 2 - September 27|
|August 30||September 1||September 30 - November 1|
|September 30||October 1||November 4 - November 29|
|October 31||November 1||December 2 - December 19|
|November 29||December 1||January 6 - January 31|
|December 20||January 1||February 3 - February 28|
|January 31||February 1||March 2 - March 27|
|February 28||March 1||March 30 - May 1|
|March 31||April 1||May 4 - May 21|
Late payments (Monthly Tuition Programs) [back to top]
1.) If the account balance is not paid in full by the twentieth day of the month it is due, a Late Fee may be assessed. Further, a Notice of Non-Payment will be emailed stating that payment is past due and must be paid in full by the close of business by the last day of the month or the student will not be able to attend the program effective the first day of the following month.
2.) If the account balance is not paid in full by the last week of the month, a courtesy phone call or text message will be made stating that there is an outstanding balance due and that the student will not be able to attend the program effective the first day of the following month unless payment is received in full by the last day of the current month including any Late Fees assessed.
3.) If the account balance is not paid in full by the last day of the month, the student will not be eligible to attend the program. The contract will be withdrawn and the account balance that is past due and the tuition that is currently due must be paid in full in order to reinstate a contract that has been withdrawn due to non-payment. Only debit/credit cards or cash will be accepted for payment.
4.) If the student attempts to attend the program after they have been determined to be ineligible due to non-payment, they will be escorted to the school front office. The program staff will then call Community Education Services to contact the financially responsible party and attempt to collect the payment over the phone. If payment is still not received, the parent/guardian will be required to pick the student up immediately.
Outstanding Balances (Monthly Tuition Programs) [back to top]
Family accounts must reflect a zero balance in order to register for any Community Education Services monthly tuition program. For example, if a family has an outstanding Kids Club balance, the family is not eligible to re-register until the family account reflects a zero balance.
Monies paid are applied to the oldest outstanding balance. If the family account balance is not paid in full by the last day of the month, all persons listed on the account will be ineligible to attend or enroll in any monthly tuition Community Education Services program.
Financial Responsibility [back to top]
If an additional individual (i.e., someone other than the parent/ guardian completing the registration) is the financially responsible party or shares financial responsibility, then all parties must sign a Multiple Party Financial Agreement.
Refunds [back to top]
- Tuition for monthly tuition programs is paid one month prior to attendance. If a family cancels a program, advance-paid tuition is refunded and the current month of tuition is prorated on a weekly basis and refunded.
- Full refunds will be issued for Summer Programs, excluding Summer Academy and Community Theatre, when cancellation requests are submitted prior to the invoice date. After invoices are generated, full refunds will be allowed minus $15/week. No refunds will be given if a cancellation request is submitted less than 1 business day prior to registered program start date.
- Full refunds for Enrichment classes and Kids Club Non-School Days are issued six business days prior to the start of a class or Non-School Days.
- Full refunds minus $10 are issued for cancellations made within five business days of the Enrichment class/Non-School Days start date.
- Refunds are not issued after the first day of the Enrichment class/Non-School Days start date. The first day of weeklong Non-School Days breaks are considered the start date.
- All fees and deposits associated with Community Education Services programs are non-refundable and non-transferable; only tuition may be refunded.
- Refunds or credits are not issued for unused program days except as stated per the cancellation request procedure.
- If a student is suspended or expelled from any program or school, no refund is issued.
Summer Academy Refunds
- Full refunds minus $5 per class will be issued until close of business, 10 business days prior to the start of each session.
- No refunds will be issued any time within 10 business days to the start of each session.
- In the event a class is cancelled due to low enrollment and an alternate choice is unavailable, full refunds are issued.
Insufficient Funds [back to top]
- Insufficient funds including returned checks and stopped payments may be charged an Insufficient Funds Fee.
- The original amount due plus the Insufficient Funds Fee will need to be paid to avoid withdrawal for non-payment.
Additional Fees [back to top]
Processing, Locator and Late Pick-up Fees – click on the following links to see more information on these fees.
Financial Assistance [back to top]
- A limited number of tuition waivers are available for those in need of financial assistance.
- Tuition waivers are not applied to fees (i.e., Processing, Materials). Families receiving tuition waivers are responsible for payment of fees and remaining tuition balances.
- When a family qualifies for a tuition waiver and a program discount, only the greater of the two is applied. Financial Assistance applications are available online or in the Kyrene District Office. To be considered, the family account balance must be zero, and a Financial Assistance Application must be submitted with proof of income, including:
- Two most recent paycheck stubs for all working adults in the household, child support, disability, and social security.
- Most recent Federal Income Tax form, pages 1 and 2. Applications without a tax return (for those who file) will not be processed.
- Financial Assistance applications for the upcoming school year and summer will be accepted beginning the Tuesday following Spring Break, and are reviewed and awarded on a first come first-served basis.
- Financial Assistance applications for Youth Enrichment classes or Middle School Athletics are accepted on an ongoing basis coinciding when classes and sports are open for registration.
- The maximum tuition waiver may vary by program.
If you have any questions, please call (480) 541-1500.
Discounts (Kids Club and Preschool) [back to top]
- Discounts are available for Kids Club and Preschool only. Limit one discount per student.
- Discounts are calculated using each student’s combined total monthly tuition for all programs. When multiple discounts apply, only the highest discount is applied.
- Discounts cannot be applied when you register online. However, it is beneficial for you to reserve your space in the program early by registering online. Once you register online, you may request your qualifying discount by contacting Community Education Services.
- 15% Sibling Discount: Applies when siblings are each enrolled in one or more monthly tuition programs (except After Hours). If a family is eligible for a sibling discount, the student with the highest total tuition is not discounted, and each of that student’s siblings receives 15% off of the total tuition due.
- Students enrolled in both Integrated Preschool and Five Full Days of Community Education Preschool will receive a 20% discount off of the Community Education Preschool tuition.
- Summer Academy Plan: Participants must be enrolled in Summer Academy classes from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. for all four (4) weeks of Summer Academy Session I and/or all three (3) weeks of Summer Academy Session II to qualify for the adjusted rate.
Employee Discount [back to top]
- Per IRS regulation, any discount in excess of 20% is considered taxable income.
- Eligibility requirements for a full discount include the following: (1) the individual is the parent/guardian of the student enrolled, (2) the individual is currently employed, (3) the individual meets the minimum weekly work hours (20 hours/week), and (4) the individual receives a paycheck during program enrollment. Employees who work less than the minimum weekly work hours are eligible for a 20% discount for Community/Signature Preschool, Kids Club (K-5), and After Hours (6-8).
- Eligibility requires documentation and is in effect through the last day of contracted employment. Tuition for remaining program days beyond contracted employment days is prorated and due according to the payment plan due dates outlined previously.
- 2019-20-Beginning in the 2019-20 school year, the District will initiated a 2-year phase-in reduction to employee discounts. In 2019-20, all Kyrene employees enrolling children in school year and summer Community/Signature Preschool, Kids Club (K-5), or After Hours (6-8) programs will receive a 60% discount. The following year, 2020-21, the discount will drop to a final rate that is the point at which tuition will be cost-neutral to the District. The cost-neutral rate will be adjusted annually. The rate for summer 2020 and school year 2020-21 is 42%.
Flex-Spending [back to top]
Payment receipts for flex-spending accounts are available by logging in to your Eleyo account and choosing the appropriate program tab in Your Profile
Kyrene’s Tax ID Number is 86-6000494