Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child in the Kyrene School District. Kyrene is one of the top elementary school districts in the State. If you have not yet made a decision, feel free to call schools you are considering and ask for a tour.
School Attendance Areas
Students are assigned to a home school according to their street address. To find which school your child will attend, enter your address into our E-Link system. This system will tell you the school and whether your child walks or rides a bus.
To find out which school your high school student will attend, contact:
Tempe Union High School District at (480) 839-0209
General Enrollment (for In-district families)
You can enroll at your local school or by bringing the documents listed below. For information, call (480) 480-541-1000. Those who live within the district boundaries, but want to enroll at a different school outside their attendance area must apply for open enrollment.
If you live outside the school or district boundaries, OR within boundaries and want to attend a school other than your designated home school, you must be approved for Open Enrollment prior to registering your child. Applications are available at the district office or online at www.kyrene.org/oe
Documents needed to register
Go to the school in your neighborhood, or the school you’ve been accepted to through the open enrollment process, and bring this completed packet of registration paperwork along with the following items that are required, to complete your registration:
- Child's birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (e.g., current utility bill, lease agreement, contract on house)
- Withdrawal form from previous school (if applicable)
- Open enrollment acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Any records from your previous school would be helpful for class placement (e.g., report cards, test scores, gifted education placement scores, special education records - IEP and MET, etc)
School Breakfast and Lunch Program
Kyrene School District provides healthy and appealing breakfast and lunch choices for students. Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE) has been selected by Kyrene to manage the food service program. Southwest Foodservice Excellence provides students with varied, fresh and nutritionally sound menu choices at affordable prices. More information here.
- Subscribe to the E‐Newsletter for your school(s).
- Be sure you’re aware of bus schedule (if applicable) and the schools’ start and end times.
- Attend your schools’ Meet the Teacher Night.
- Make note of other 2018‐19 school year dates.