Kyrene de los Lagos Dual Language Academy
• language most often spoken by the student
• language that the student first acquired
• primary language used in the home regardless of the language spoken by the student
If the student scores proficient on the Listening and Speaking sub tests, the district can complete a waiver application to request permission to allow the student to participate in the Dual Language program. Students who don’t score proficient on these sub tests will be placed in a mainstream classroom with language support.
Our school’s Dual Language Program:
- Focuses on high expectations for all students while also preparing them for college,
- Sets high academic standards for students; same high standards as their peers.
- Provides daily instruction in both languages.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence. Our priority is your child learning academically in both languages.
It is our expectation that parents attend a parent information where they will learn three goals of the Dual Language program and learn more about our 50/50 model before they enroll their child in this program. As with any educational program, parent involvement and participation is crucial for student success. Parents can show their support throughout the school year by attending various meeting, events and activities during the school year, volunteering in the classroom, and supporting their child’s learning of a second language. Daily instruction in both languages will help students on their journey in becoming bilingual and bi-literate. The gift of a second language lasts a life time! Dual Language Handbook
Click below for more information: