Vounteer dates begin September 11, 2023 through March 8, 2024
WHAT: WATCH D.O.G.S. is a national program designed to increase the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures at school. Our goal is for you to spend one day this school year serving as a positive male role model at Kyrene de la Colina Elementary School. During this day you will:
- BRING YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE
- Monitor AM/PM drop off and Pick up
- Take part in morning announcements
- Receive 100 coyote high fives
- Help out classrooms (with and without your kids)
- Eat lunch and have recess with your child(ren)
- Help out with recess (with and without your kids)
- Take breaks
- Complete a survey
WHO: Fathers and/or father-figures (e.g., guardian, step-dad grandfathers, uncles and adult brothers) of current students. If you are not the parent or guardian you will need to be fingerprinted prior to volunteering.
WHERE: Kyrene de la Colina Elementary School
13612 S 36th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85044
WHEN: School hours. Please note: Wednesdays are early release days. Watch D.O.G.S days will end two hours early.
Please limit yourself to one day per week.
ABOUT: WATCH D.O.G.S. is a family and community engagement educational initiative.
WATCH D.O.G.S. Primary Goals:
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
We believe that all of us want the same things for our kids and these values unite us. This program serves to bring communities closer together based on these values-based goals. Ultimately, our purpose is to change the country for the better by doing our small part to provide support to our educators and encouragement to our children.
WATCH D.O.G.S. began in 1998 in a single school in Springdale, Arkansas and has since grown into a nationally recognized program that has brought hundreds of thousands of fathers and father figures into the school classrooms and hallways across the country, creating millions of hours of “in school” volunteer time and having a tremendously positive impact on the educational process