Which U.S. towns have the best elementary schools?
by Sarah D. Young
July 28, 2017
Staying in the same school district while your child is young not only enables them to grow up surrounded by the same group of friends, it can help ensure you receive a high return on your home investment.
But deciding where to put down roots can be difficult for first-time homebuyers, who might not be sure which school to enroll their child in.
To help parents narrow down their search for the perfect school, Realtor.com did a little research to find out which public schools rank among the best in the nation.
To come up with its ranking, the online real estate website analyzed ZIP codes within the top metropolitan areas in the country which contained at least one public school ranked eight out of 10 or higher by school ratings website GreatSchools.
The top 10 most affordable towns with great elementary schools were as follows:
- Chandler, Arizona: Kyrene De La Mirada School, Kyrene De La Paloma School, Kyrene De Las Brisas School, Kyrene del Cielo School, Paragon Science Academy.
- Aurora, Illinois: Homestead Elementary School, the Wheatlands Elementary School, and Wolfs Crossing Elementary School.
- Stone Mountain, Georgia: Wynbrooke Elementary School.
- Hampton, New Jersey: Union Township Elementary School.
- Royersford, Pennsylvania: Brooke Elementary School, Evans Elementary School, Limerick Elementary School, Upper Providence Elementary School.
- Kingwood, Texas: Deerwood Elementary School, Greentree Elementary School, Hidden Hollow Elementary, Shadow Forest Elementary School, Willow Creek Elementary School.
- Rosemount, Minn: Shannon Park Elementary School.
- Bowie, Maryland: Whitehall Elementary School, Yorktown Elementary School.
- Huntington Woods, Michigan: Burton Elementary School.
- Stow, Massachussettes: Center School.