Cerritos Information & Welcome Guide
Welcome to Cerritos!
Thank you for making Cerritos your school of choice; you are now officially Cerritos Roadrunner and part of a wonderful community of leaders. As a Leader in Me School, our families discover and practice a set of leadership and life skills from Stephen Covey’s book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”. The 7 Habits are: Be Proactive, Begin With the End in Mind, Put First Things First, Think Win-Win, Seek First to Understand Then to be Understood, Synergize and Sharpen the Saw.
Get Familiar with our School
Please review our Cerritos Welcome Guide to be more familiar with our school procedures and expectations.
Important Items to Complete Before Your Child's First Day of School
Now that you have completed registration it is time to Put First Things First - The Habit of Personal Management. Stephen Covey says, “If you were to ask me what single practice would do more to balance your life and increase your productivity than any other, it would be this: plan your week each week before the week begins.”
Kyrene Website (www.kyrene.org)
- Visit the Transportation page to view Bus Route information(if applicable).
- Visit the Food Services page to set up your child’s lunch account on K12 Payment Center (optional) and fill out the Free & Reduced Meal Application (optional).
- Visit the Community Education page to register for after-school care or sign up for enrichment classes (optional).
- Review the Kyrene Family Handbook online to familiarize yourself with school and district policies. You will verify your acceptance of this through ParentVUE at the beginning of the school year.
- Submit a Tax Credit donation to support field trips, assemblies, and our leadership program on the Kyrene Website.
- View the school year Calendar and familiarize yourself with breaks, holidays, and early release days.
- If your child requires medications, please bring them to the front office and fill out a medication card. Contact Whitney Sickman at 480-541-2220 or email@example.com to discuss medical needs and care plans.
- Sign up to receive district text messages. Text “Y” or “Yes” to 67587
- Print a list of school supplies from our website or email the classroom teacher to request a list.
- Visit our school website org/cer. There is great information under the News and Activity tabs that will give you more insight into our special programs and the culture of Cerritos.
- Follow our Instagram page and “Like” us on Facebook for current school information and interact with the Cerritos Community.
- Visit the PTO webpage to view the calendar of family events, volunteer opportunities and make an optional one-time donation to support Cerritos.