Welcome to Cerritos!
Thank you for making Cerritos your school of choice; you are now officially Cerritos Roadrunner and part of a wonderful community of leaders. As a Leader in Me School, our families discover and practice a set of leadership and life skills from Stephen Covey’s book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”. The 7 Habits are: Be Proactive, Begin With the End in Mind, Put First Things First, Think Win-Win, Seek First to Understand Then to be Understood, Synergize and Sharpen the Saw.
Now that you have completed registration it is time to Put First Things First - the Habit of Personal Management. Stephen Covey says, “If you were to ask me what single practice would do more to balance your life and increase your productivity than any other, it would be this: plan your week each week before the week begins.”
Below is a list of important items to complete before your child’s first day at school.
- Review the Kyrene Family Handbook online to familiarize yourself with school and district policies.
- Visit the Transportation website to view Bus Route information (if applicable).
- Set up your child’s lunch account on K12 Payment Center (optional).
- Print a list of school supplies from our website or email the classroom teacher to request a list.
- Visit Community Education to register for after school care or sign up for enrichment classes (optional).
- Visit our school website kyrene.org/cer. There is great information under the News and Activity tabs that will give you more insight about our special programs and the culture of Cerritos.
- Read the Cerritos Welcome Guide. This is located under the news tab on our school website.
- Follow our page and “Like” us on Facebook for current school information and interact with the Cerritos Community.
- Visit the PTO webpage to view the calendar of family events, volunteer opportunities and make an optional one time donation to support Cerritos.
- Submit a Tax Credit donation to support field trips, assemblies, and our leadership program on the Kyrene Website.