Our PTO models "Leadership" at Cerritos
The Cerritos PTO is a very active and supportive group of volunteers who come together to work on programs that benefit the educational experience of our children. The PTO sponsors fundraisers and events throughout the school year for the students and staff at Cerritos. Activities are all volunteer-run and they operate on a budget developed through their fundraising efforts. The PTO Executive Board consists of 12 parent-filled positions and there are hundreds of committee volunteers.
|Vice President:||Leslie Swanson|| Vicepresident@cerritospto.org
|Financial Secretary:||Sandy Morrison||Financialsecretary@cerritospto.org|
|Hospitality:||Louise Yanock and Anne Neal||
|Volunteer Coordinator:||Abby Green|
|Development Coordinators:||Amy Huffman and Carolyn Yeretzian|
- At the beginning of the year they coordinated the Welcome New Families Night/Reception, hosted a new families dessert social, support for the staff the first week of school for drop off and pick up for kindergartners, delivered 289 School Supply Kits, donated 30 sharpie sets to teachers as a welcome back gift, and coordinated spirit wear sales and delivery.
- The PTO has coordinated a number of fundraisers and raised over $10,000 in sales at the Book Fair, raised over $22,500 with the Be a Beacon Donation Drive including time processing donations, writing receipts, handing out pins/lanyards, raised over $10,000 in business partners, and started a fantastic Box Tops for Education program to generate funds throughout the school year.
- Throughout the year they provide financial support to maintaining health, safety, and our environment and has already purchased new footballs, basketballs, tetherballs, volleyballs, playground balls, kickballs, soccer balls, basketball nets, soccer nets for recess,12 new safety cones for parking lot, flag pole bases for the main hallway, a new small size refrigerator/freezer for nurse’s office, 8 new benches for outside, and donated decorations and time to improve the front office entry way.
- Throughout the year they provide financial support for the teachers and maintain the water cooler for staff lounge, donate $3000 in Grant Checks to our teachers, donated $1500 to Cerritos for supplies (maintenance and operations) each quarter, purchased subscriptions for periodicals, math common core resources, curriculum supplies, and stock the teacher work room supplies.
- Throughout the year they provide financial support for organizations such as Girls on the Run, Watch DOGS, Math Night, and Garden club.
- They coordinate and host a number of awesome events for our community and coordinate volunteers to assist with visitor sign in/out for these events. We are thankful for the first semester events: Kiss the Pig assembly for donation drive, Ice Cream Social, Pumpkin Walk, and Gift of time.
- The PTO Hospitality Team coordinates amazing staff appreciation such as a back-to-school kickoff breakfast, back-to-school snacks & drinks, MYTN dinner, Curriculum Night dinner, snacks/drinks at staff meetings, and events such as a yummy Baked potato bar, pie party and cookie exchange.
- The PTO Historian team has successfully kicked off yearbook with a full staff of volunteers, photographed numerous events, started drafting pages for our yearbook, created a beautiful bulletin board in our hallway.
- The PTO Communications team maintains an informative website, helps update the marquee, social media posts, and creates emails to send out and help keep our community "in the know".