- Kyrene Centennial Middle School
CMS Watch D.O.G.S. & M.O.M.S.
We are excited to announce that the CMS PTO has launched the Watch D.O.G.S. program and M.O.M.S program at CMS this year.
There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. & Sabercat M.O.M.S. program:
- To provide positive male and female role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
WATCH D.O.G.S are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-ﬁgures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an ofﬁcial WATCH D.O.G.S school.
Sabercat M.O.M.S. are mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and other mother-ﬁgures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an ofﬁcial Sabercat M.O.M.S. school.
- Students gain positive male and female role models.
- Schools gain an extra set of eyes and ears. The presence of a father, father ﬁgure, mother, or mother-ﬁgure will provide an additional deterrent to bullying, enhance a sense of security in the building, and will help create an environment conducive to learning.
- Fathers and mothers get a glimpse of their students' everyday world and learn about the increasingly complex challenges and decisions today's youth are facing. As a result, they can learn to relate better to their students and hopefully connect with them.
- Fathers and mothers gain a great awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student's life in three critical areas including academic performance, self-esteem, and social behavior.
How do I become a WATCH D.O.G.S. or Sabercat M.O.M.S.?
To become a Watch D.O.G.S. or Sabercat M.O.M.S., follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up for date(s) here.
WATCH D.O.G.S. or Sabercat M.O.M.S. Sign-Up: Click HERE
There are a few different options available
Full Day - M/T/Th/F 8:00 am to 3:05 pm & Wed 8:00 am to 1:05 pm
AM Half Day - M/T/Th/F 8:00 am to 1:01 pm & Wed 8:00 am to 11:55 am Lunches Only - M/T/Th/F 10:20 am to 1:01 pm & Wed 10:10 am to 11:55 am PM Half Day - M/T/Th/F 10:20 am to 3:05 pm & Wed 10:10 am to 1:05 pm
If you need to adjust the times at all please send us an email and we will be happy to accommodate your schedule to meet your availability.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Danny & Stephanie at CMSWatchDOGS1@gmail.com.
If you have singed up to volunteer, please make sure you have completed the 7 Steps to Success video series.