The Kyrene Community/Superintendent Council is intended to provide resources and feedback to the Kyrene School District in developing and maintaining sustainable plans that align with the District's Strategic Plan 2022 goals at they relate to diversity, equity, inclusion and cultural awareness.
To provide an inclusive culture with equitable environments and systems at all Kyrene schools so every Kyrene student achieves their full potential.
Role and Expectations of CSC Representatives
- Provide feedback on the District's development of actionable plans to meet students' individual needs and to create stable learning environments.
- Discuss how to close the achievement, discipline and opportunity gaps while fostering inclusivity and valuing diversity.
- Bring an open perspective to all discussions and commit to honest and respectful dialogue.
- Actively seek and share information on best practices to achieve the mission, vision and goals of the CSC.
- Invite 10 additional council members to join the CSC from underrepresented Kyrene communities.
- Provide continued feedback on equity work/equity RFP
6:00 PM–8:00 PM
Kyrene District Office
ASBA Webinar Series on Equity
CSC members are invited to join in a webinar series on equity from the Arizona School Boards Association. The webinar will be broadcast at the District Office on the following dates from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- February 28. The State of Native American Students "How are our Native American students doing?"
- April 18. The State of LGBTQ Education in Arizona