The Kyrene Community/Superintendent Council is intended to provide resources and feedback to the Kyrene School District in developing and maintaining sustainable plans that align with the District's Strategic Plan 2022 goals as they relate to diversity, equity, inclusion and cultural awareness.
To provide an inclusive culture with equitable environments and systems at all Kyrene schools so every Kyrene student achieves their full potential.
Role and Expectations of CSC Representatives
- Provide feedback on the District's development of actionable plans to meet students' individual needs and to create stable learning environments.
- Discuss how to close the achievement, discipline and opportunity gaps while fostering inclusivity and valuing diversity.
- Bring an open perspective to all discussions and commit to honest and respectful dialogue.
- Actively seek and share information on best practices to achieve the mission, vision and goals of the CSC.
- Invite 10 additional council members to join the CSC from underrepresented Kyrene communities.
- Provide continued feedback on equity work/equity RFP
2019-20 RepresentativesIván Alfaro Lagos, Manitas, Norte
Pastor Drew Anderson Lagos
Meg Astudillo Lagos
Andrea Asturias Mirada
Rev. Dr. Andy Burnett Milenio, Sierra, Altadeña
Kristinmae Cardoza Kyrene Traditional Academy
Erika Castro Norte
Denise Cavero-Hann Lagos
Latrisha Centers Norte, Aprende, KMS
Erin Eccleston Cielo
Thomas Forsyth Esperanza, Monte Vista, Altadeña
Jessica Hall Esperanza, Mirada
Melissa Hartley BrisasShannon Hayes KMS
Jenniffer Jarvis Colina, Lomas, Centennial
Denis Lawton Norte
Silver Lopez Lomas
Shannon McDonald MariposaDonna McHenry Manitas, Pueblo
Trine Nelson Colina, Waggoner
Craig Peck Colina, Centennial
Carol Pomillo Monte Vista, Altadena
Dr. Raquel Salas Estrella, Akimel
Sherri Saenz Brisas Ninos, Norte, Waggoner, Aprende
Eduarda Schroder Cielo
Heather Stevens Monte Vista
Adam Swenson Centennial
Amanda Tachine Centennial
Jenny Wright Traditional Academy