Kyrene Athletic Program
Where Champions are Made!
IMPORTANT UPDATE INFORMATION as of 9/4/2020:
Sports, intramural, and camps will not be offered during Quarter 1. The Kyrene School District has published a return date for in-person instruction on the first day of Quarter 2, October 13th, 2020 for all Middle Schools. Students who are participating in both the in-person and flex learning models will be able to participate in athletics programming at their school site during the 2020-2021 school year. Information regarding Athletics offerings and schedules will be released as they are updated in alignment with the evolving state and federal guidelines. The safety and health of our athletes, staff, coaches and officials is of the upmost importance to the Kyrene Athletic Program.
We are proud to announce that students who are enrolled with our new school, Kyrene Digital Academy, will be allowed to participate in our Kyrene Athletic Program. K.D.A. students in grades 6-8 who live in Kyrene School District boundaries will be allowed to participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program at the school within the school boundaries they reside. Kyrene Digital Academy students who live outside Kyrene boundaries will be able to participate at Kyrene del Pueblo Middle School for the 2020-21 school year.
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field. Each year, over 3,000 middle school students from the Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix area participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program. This Program provides a positive, high quality sports program that emphasizes participation, teamwork, skill development, and sportsmanship.
Goals and objectives for every participant:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of all others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
- All students must have a current sports physical on file in order to try out;
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut-sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports;
- Financial Assistance is available, please inform your school's student services secretary if you will be submitting an application before you try-out for a cut-sport or attend the first practice for a non-cut sport. You can find the Financial Aid application here.
Keep in touch with Athletics!Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You’ll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays and special Kyrene Athletics events. To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the Remind app on your mobile device.
Try Outs and Registration
To make your registration fee payment: CLICK HERE!
You can access try-out and registration information from your computer or tablet using the link www.kyrene.org/athleticregistration. Please note that registration currently is not available via mobile devices.
For information regarding tryouts and practices, contact your Athletic Secretary (see contact information below)
- Sports Physical Form
- Brain Injury/Concussion Form (mild traumatic) (see concussion fact sheet below)
- COVID Sports Parent-Guardian Waiver
- Kyrene Sportsmanship Agreement
- Wednesday After Hours Supervision Agreement
- Participation Payment Agreement
- Kyrene Family Handbook
- Financial Assistance Application
Additional Athletic Registration Forms:
- Parent & Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- AIA Heat Acclimatization & Exertional Heat Illness Management Policy
- Hot Weather, Heat Stress & School Safety
- Hazing Policy
- Opioid Handout
- Cardiac Arrest Handout