Kyrene Athletic Program
Where Champions are Made!
As per our Safe Return to Athletics Plan, practices can continue through Tuesday November 24. The cross country meet for Tuesday November 24 will be cancelled.
We will not have practice once we transition into contingency on November 30. Coaches may provide individual workouts for athletes to practice skills and conditioning at home until practices may resume. We will plan to resume activities when we return to in-person learning at school in alignment with the metrics and our Safe Return to Athletics Plan.
Although we always review AIA Guidelines, our timelines and plan may not fully coincide with theirs. When it is safe to play games and have competitions with in Kyrene, we will provide a schedule for each sport.
Thank you for your flexibility and support for our Athletics program.
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students. Cut sports include soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field. Each year, over 3,000 middle school students from the Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix area participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program. This program provides a positive, high-quality sports program that emphasizes participation, teamwork, skill development, and sportsmanship.
Goals and objectives for every participant:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of all others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
- All students must have a current sports physical on file in order to try out;
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut-sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports.
- I understand that there will be NO refunds once a fee is paid if paid by the tax credit option.
- Athletic fees designated as auxiliary may be refundable ONLY for eligible nonparticipation reasons, such as season cancellation prior to the start date or minimum enrollments not met for teams.
- A transaction fee will be applied when an auxiliary option is chosen.
- Financial Assistance is not available at this time, please inform your school's student services secretary if you are in need of additional assistance at this time.
Keep in touch with Athletics!Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You’ll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletics events. Please click one of the links below for the sport you wish to receive updates and notifications on throughout the season.
Boys Basketball: https://www.remind.com/join/cgk6g8e
Girls Soccer: https://www.remind.com/join/ch872c
Cross Country: https://www.remind.com/join/492ah3
Try-Outs and Registration
You can access try-out and online registration information from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. To register for a sport please visit https://az-kyrene.intouchreceipting.com/ . Our online registration will be available October 15, 2020.
These are the sports that will be available at this time:
- Cross Country (non-cut sport)
- Boys Basketball (cut sport)
- Girls Soccer (cut sport)
- Softball (cut sport)
- Cheer (cut sport)
For additional information regarding our registration process please click the links below.
For information regarding tryouts and practices, contact your school site Athletic Department (see contact information below).
- Sports Physical Form
- Brain Injury/Concussion Form (mild traumatic) (see concussion fact sheet below)
- COVID Sports Parent-Guardian Waiver
- Kyrene Sportsmanship Agreement
- Participation Payment Agreement
- Kyrene Family Handbook
- Uniform Replacement Agreement
- Financial Assistance Application
Additional Athletic Registration Forms:
- Parent & Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- AIA Heat Acclimatization & Exertional Heat Illness Management Policy
- Hot Weather, Heat Stress & School Safety
- Hazing Policy
- Opioid Handout
- Cardiac Arrest Handout