Altadeña Middle School
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
The athletic registration process for all sports is through an online process across the district.
Online registration can be made by visiting the Kyrene Community Education Portal. The registration process is not complete until the following forms are printed and returned to Student Services.
Sports Physical - Valid one calendar year from date of physical
Athletic participation payments are made through the online portal and in two (2) different way:
- If your child makes the team of a cut sport, payments must be made with five (5) days after being notified your athlete has made the team.
- If your child is participating in a non-cut sport, payments are due before the first practice.
Please contact your school’s Athletic Secretary with questions.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application prior to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click HERE for a copy of the 2 sided Financial Assistance application form. Financial Assistance forms must be turned into the Kyrene District OfficePlease click on the sport to view the coaches letters and schedules.