Kyrene Athletic Program
Where Champions are Made!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION UPDATE
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to ensure our students and familes are safe during this time. Due to the decision to continue school closures through April 10, Kyrene's spring athletic season is cancelled. We will be issuing refunds to our families for the full registration amount of $150 for Baseball and Basketball athletic fees and $110 for Track and Field athletic fees. We have begun working on the refund process and ask for your patience as we work through this new protocol.
Athletic uniforms are an important component of our programs. We will not be collecting uniforms at this time, therefore this step will not delay athletic fees from issued. Once it is safe to return to school, we will be establishing a procedure to collect athletic uniforms and we ask that you help us in gathering and returning those uniforms when it is time.
Be Safe and Stay Healthy!Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field. Each year, over 3,000 middle school students from the Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix area participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program. This Program provides a positive, high quality sports program that emphasizes participation, teamwork, skill development, and sportsmanship.
Goals and objectives for every participant:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of all others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
- All students must have a current sports physical on file in order to try out;
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut-sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports;
- Financial Assistance is available, please inform your school's student services secretary if you will be submitting an application before you try-out for a cut-sport or attend the first practice for a non-cut sport. You can find the Financial Aid application here.
Keep in touch with Athletics!Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You’ll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays and special Kyrene Athletics events. To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the Remind app on your mobile device.
To join the Spring Track and Field class enter code @9eg6hf3 or click the following link:
To join the Spring Baseball class enter code @debbiewilk or click the following link:
To join the Spring Girls Basketball class enter code @3c4bdg or click the following link:
Try Outs and Registration
To make your registration fee payment: CLICK HERE!
You can access try-out and registration information from your computer or tablet using the link www.kyrene.org/athleticregistration. Please note that registration currently is not available via mobile devices.
For information regarding tryouts and practices, contact your Athletic Secretary (see contact information below)
- Sports Physical Form
- Financial Assistance Application
- Brain Injury/Concussion Form (mild traumatic) (see concussion fact sheet below)
- Kyrene Sportsmanship Agreement
- Wednesday After Hours Supervision Agreement
- Participation Payment Agreement
- Kyrene Family Handbook
Health & Safety Information:
- Parent & Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- AIA Heat Acclimatization & Exertional Heat Illness Management Policy
- Hot Weather, Heat Stress & School Safety
- Hazing Policy
- Opioid Handout
- Cardiac Arrest Handout
Fall Tournament information: