Kyrene Athletic Program
Athletics Update (1/12/22)
Cheer Showcase will be held February 3, 2022 at 5 p.m. at Akimel A-al Middle School. The Cheer Showcase will be held at the soccer field, please bring your own chair for seating!
Athletics Update (1/7/22)
Spring Sports Registration is now open! Please visit our registration portal to register for Spring Sports.
Track and Field registratoin deadline: March 1, 2022
Baseball registration deadline: February 10, 2022
Girls Basketball registration deadline: February 10, 2022
Please contact your school's Athletic Secretary for additional details.
Athletics Update (1/3/22)
We are very excited about continuing our winter sports season. We will continue to follow and align our face covering protocols with the CDC requirements for all participants, spectators and staff. At this time, any person may return from isolation from COVID after 5 days if they are fever free and symptoms are improving. This shortening of the isolation period comes with direction to continue to wear a mask for 5 days when around others. However, students or staff who are returning from being ill should be wearing a face covering through the 10th day.
Please see the Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics page for overall safety measures and sport-specific guidance. We will continue to monitor our mitigation strategies and offer athletics programs in accordance with our Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics Plan. The safety of our student athletes, staff and community are our highest priority.
Where Champions are Made!
We will resume our full Kyrene Athletic Program in the 2021-22 school year. Schedules are posted on the District and School Site Athletics web pages. Please contact your school site Athletics Department for specific practices, schedules and payment information.
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students. Cut sports include soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field. Each year, over 3,000 middle school students from the Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix area participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program. This program provides a positive, high-quality sports program that emphasizes participation, teamwork, skill development, and sportsmanship.
Goals and objectives for every participant:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of all others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
- All students must have a current sports physical on file in order to try out;
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut-sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports.
- I understand that there will be NO refunds once a fee is paid if paid by the tax credit option.
- Athletic fees designated as auxiliary may be refundable ONLY for eligible nonparticipation reasons, such as season cancellation prior to the start date or minimum enrollments not met for teams.
- A transaction fee will be applied when an auxiliary option is chosen.
Keep in touch with AthleticsSign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You’ll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletics events. Please click one of the links below for the sport you wish to receive updates and notifications on throughout the season. This app is used for District communication only, for site specific information please contact your school's Athletic Secretary.
Girls Softball: https://www.remind.com/join/887kbh4
Boys Basketball: https://www.remind.com/join/boysbn
Girls Soccer: https://www.remind.com/join/hcb63c
Try-Outs and Registration
You can access try-out and online registration information from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. To register for a sport please visit https://az-kyrene.intouchreceipting.com/ .
These are the upcoming sports that will be offered in Spring 2022:
- Track and Field (non-cut sport)
- Girls Basketball (cut sport)
- Boys Baseball (cut sport)
For additional information regarding our registration process please click the links below.
For information regarding tryouts and practices, contact your school site Athletic Department (see contact information below).
Last Modified on Wednesday at 12:31 PM
- Sports Physical Form
- Brain Injury/Concussion Form (mild traumatic) (see concussion fact sheet below)
- Kyrene Sportsmanship Agreement
- Participation Payment Agreement
- Kyrene Family Handbook
- Uniform Replacement Agreement
- Financial Assistance Application
Additional Athletic Registration Forms: