This website has been created to support information and access for Curriculum and Assessment Resources. The website will be updated on an ongoing basis to provide access to the most current information in a usable format.The goal of the Curriculum and Assessment department is to challenge all students with a common, consistent, and comprehensive curriculum that prepares them for the future and fosters life long learning. In alignment with the strategic plan and audit recommendations, the Curriculum and Assessment department in partnership with curriculum teams are developing and enhancing Kyrene's written curriculum. To this end we will:
- Determine a common framework for curriculum guides to explicitly guide instruction across content areas
- Facilitate elementary ELA and Math curriculum teams to update curriculum guides and finalize interim assessments
- Facilitate middle school curriculum teams to develop resources to differentiate courses and develop interim and common assessments
- Update ways in which teachers access curriculum guides and increase support for implementation through cadres and facilitators
- Update the curriculum management plan and program of study outlining expectations for written curriculum, taught curriculum and aligned assessments in collaboration with the Departments of Professional Development, Exceptional Student Services, Instructional Technology, and School Effectiveness.
Thank you for your interest in Kyrene's curriculum and we look forward to supporting you this year.Sincerely,Christie McDougall, Ph.D.Director of Curriculum & Assessment