Pueblo Middle School Athletics
Athletics Update as of 11/20/20:
As per our Safe Return to Athletics Plan, practices can continue through Tuesday November 24. The cross country meet for Tuesday November 24 will be cancelled.
We will not have practice once we transition into contingency on November 30. Coaches may provide individual workouts for athletes to practice skills and conditioning at home until practices may resume. We will plan to resume activities when we return to in-person learning at school in alignment with the metrics and our Safe Return to Athletics Plan.
Although we always review AIA Guidelines, our timelines and plan may not fully coincide with theirs. When it is safe to play games and have competitions with in Kyrene, we will provide a schedule for each sport.
Thank you for your flexibility and support for our Athletics program.Middle School Athletics - Athletic Participation Policies & GuidelinesAkimel A-al Middle School, Altadena Middle School, Aprende Middle School, Centennial Middle School, Kyrene Middle School, Pueblo Middle School and Kyrene Traditional Academy are memebers of the Kyrene Athletic Program. The goals and objective of the conference are to develop and maintain the following on the part of every participant:
The program is governed by a coordinating committee consisting of one administrator or designee from each participating school and the District Athletic Dirrector. The members will adhere to the rules set forth by the Kyrene Athletic Program guidelines and bylaws and/or the rules and regulations of the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) and National Federation Rules and Regulations.
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue to grow in the specific sport
- A sense of loyalty, team play, cooperation, and sportsmanship, which will have value later in life - Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as the athletic field
- Active participation by all members of a team
- Understanding and experiencing the benefit of healthy competition
Practice and game schedules vary per school. In the event that a team or school is impacted by COVID-19, a game or meet may need to change locations or be cancelled and is not likely to be able to be rescheduled. Schedules and the format of practices or games may need to be adjusted mid-season if there is a shift in the level of community spread. Please be mindful of these possibilities upon registration, we will not be able to issue refunds for athletics participation fees as they are most commonly paid through non-refundable tax credits.PARTICIPATIONThe following are required prior to a student practicing or trying out for team:
The Athletic online registration contains the following information that must be provided:
- All athletes must be registered students in the Kyrene School District. Private and charter school students are not eligible to participate. Home-schooled students are eligible to participate if they meet the requirements listed below. Home-schooled students are eligible to participate at the school within the school boundaries they reside. Kyrene Digital Academy students will be allowed to participate within the school boundaries they reside. Kyrene Digital Students that reside outside of Kyrene school boundaries will be designated to participate at Pueblo Middle School.
- Prior to participation (each year) the student must be examined by a licensed physician and determined to be physically fit for sports unless the student has sustained an injury or illness that warrants an additional examination by a physician. It is recommended that all athletes obtain a physical during the summer prior to a school year.
- Parents must register for tryouts and non-cut sports through https://az-kyrene.intouchreceipting.com/ . This registration serves as the Athletic Participation Packet and must be completed by the deadline set before tryouts and practices begin. If a student is not registered and is not on the tryout or team roster, he/she cannot tryout or practice.
- A signed Sports Physical form, Brain/Injury Concussion form, and COVID waiver form is required to be uploaded and signed by the parent/legal guardian when completing online registration for participation. Failure to submit these documents by the designated deadline date before the first day of tryouts or practices will result in student being unable to participate.
Athlete playing time will be determined by the coach and is based on attendance, practice, participation, effort, attitude, behavior, sportsmanship and the number of participants.
- Health history is to be completed by the parent each year a student participates and be updated if a student’s health status change
- Statement of insurance coverage signed by the parent each year stating that the student has health insurance coverage
- Emergency information giving important information and consent for emergency medical treatment
- Parental permission to participate
- An Academic Rating Sheet, completed by each teacher, will be turned to Student Services by each student. A copy of this sheet is then given to the coach and will be one factor consdered when a coach selects team members.
I/we give permission for my/our child to participate in organized interscholastic athletics, realizing that such activity involves the potential for injury which is inherent to all sports. I/we acknowledge that when participating in interscholastic athletics, there is an inherent risk of injury, disability, quadriplegia or even death.
Winter Sports Coaches
Heather Ludwick Coaches Letter
Dan Leonard Coaches Letter •Girls Softball Dan Schindele Coaches Letter •Cross Country
Coaches Letter •Cheer Brittany Baker