Kyrene Middle School Athletics
KYRENE MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS PROGRAM
Where Champions are Made!
Kyrene Middle School Spring Sport Offerings 2021
Track and Field
Spring Sports Athletic Fee Payment Deadline: Monday April 26th
Students who are participating in both the in-person and flex learning models will be able to participate in athletics programming at their school site during the 2020-2021 school year.
Students who are enrolled with our new school, Kyrene Digital Academy, will be allowed to participate in our Kyrene Athletic Program. K.D.A. students in grades 6-8 who live in Kyrene School District boundaries will be allowed to participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program at the school within the boundaries they reside. Kyrene Digital Academy students who live outside Kyrene boundaries will be able to participate at Kyrene del Pueblo Middle School for the 2020-2021 school year.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Athletic Director: Dana Lineberger
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 480-541-6651
Athletic Secretary: Pam Adam
E: email@example.com P: 480-541-6604
Kyrene Athletic Program Safe Return to Athletics:
Please click on the link below to view the Kyrene Safe Return to Athletics Plan.
All sports and events will be modified this year in alignment with the (KAP) Safe Return to Athletics Plan. Mitigation strategies and procedures will be developed for each sport and shared with parents and student.
- Practice and game schedules vary per school.
- In the event that a team or school is impacted by COVID-19, a game or meet may need to change locations or be cancelled and is not likely to be able to be rescheduled.
- Schedules and the format of practices or games may need to be adjusted mid-season if there is a shift in the level of community spread.
- Please be mindful of these possibilities upon registration, we will not be able to issue refunds for athletics participation fees as they are most commonly paid through non-refundable tax credits.
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team.
- All students must have a current sports physical uploaded and the online registration documents filled out in order to try out.
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports
- REFUNDS cannot be issued once fee is paid.
- Financial Assistance is available, please inform KMS Athletics Secretary, Pam Adam, if you are in need of financial aid before you try-out for a cut-sport or attend the first practice for a non-cut sport.
If your student will be participating in a non cut sport, payment of $110 (Cheer $90) is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment of $150 will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice. You must make your payment on In-Touch receipting online.
- Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.
- REFUNDS cannot be issued once the fee is paid.
- Practice and game schedules vary per school. In the event that a team or school is impacted by COVID-19, a game or meet may need to change locations or be cancelled and is not likely to be able to be rescheduled. Schedules and the format of practices or games may need to be adjusted mid-season if there is a shift in the level of community spread. Please be mindful of these possibilities upon registration, we will not be able to issue refunds for athletics participation fees as they are most commonly paid through non-refundable tax credits.
Keep up with Athletics
Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from the Kyrene Athletics Program sent directly to your mobile device! You'll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletic events. To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the remind app on you mobile device and join class code @7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program).