Kyrene Middle School Athletics
For all athletics questions please call the Athletic Secretary Pam Adam 480-541-6604Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include Girls and Boys Soccer, Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Co-Ed Cheer, Girls Softball, and Boys Baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include Co-Ed Cross Country, Wrestling, and Track and Field. All Co-Ed non-cut sport options can be taken for IB PE credit as a "zero hour" course for 6th and 7th grade students this year.The goals for every participant are:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
All participants are required to complete online registration and turn in participation forms in order to try out or participate on a team. Please visit the "Register for Sports" tab to the left for registration information.
Click on the sport link to be taken directly to the homepage for that particular sport. .
Fall Sports Coaches Cross Country Scott Hennings Meagan Mahaovich Varsity Boys Soccer Jorge Rubi JV Boys Soccer Albert Escobedo Varsity Girls Volleyball Nicole Konrad JV Girls Volleyball Stephanie Biles Winter Sports Wrestling Cheer Varsity Boys Basketball JV Boys Basketball Varsity Girls Soccer JV Girls Soccer Varsity Girls Softball JV Girls Softball Spring Sports Track and Field Varsity Boys Baseball T JV Boys Baseball Varsity Girls Basketball JV Girls Basketball