Centennial Middle School Athletics
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team.
∼Fall Sports 2019∼
Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball and Cross Country
Please register your child at www.kyrene.ce.eleyo.com
Once your child is registered you will receive an email stating registration has been completed. If you do not receive an email, please go back into the registration page and check the cart. You will need to check out to complete the registration.
All participants are required to register online. Registration will close on Thursday, August 8.
Tryouts for cut sports will begin the week of August 12, 2019.
Coaches will hold informational meetings the first week of practices. Letters from the coaches, which will include expectations and try-out, practice, and game/meet information will be available at those meetings and on the AMS website the first week of school.
If your student will be participating in a non cut sport, payment of $110 is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment of $150 will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice. You have several options to make your payment.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.2. You can call your payment in to the district office. Please call the District Office at 480-541-1500.
3. You can go to the Kyrene School District Customer Service Center at 8700 South Kyrene Rd, Tempe. (located at the NW corner of Kyrene & Warner Rds.)
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance. Click here for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Once complete applications must be turned into the Kyrene School District.
Keep in Touch with Athletics
Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You'll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletic events. To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the remind app on you mobile device and join class code @7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program).
Support our Athletic Program
How can you help support our students involved in our sports program. Consider a tax credit donation. Click the following link for more informationFor questions, please call Centennial Athletics at 480-541-6404CMS Athletic Director: Dr. Randall HoggardCMS Student Services & Athletics: Patti Tollefson
Games Schedules (click here to be taken to all sport schedules)