CENTENNIAL MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
We will resume our full Kyrene Athletic Program in the 2022-2023 school year. Schedules are posted on the District and School Site Athletics web page.
Please see the Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics page for overall safety measures and sport-specific guidance. We will continue to monitor our mitigation strategies and offer athletics programs in accordance with our Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics Plan. The safety of our student athletes, staff and community are our highest priority.
Kyrene offers both "cut" and "non-cut" sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports: boys and girls soccer, boys and girls basketball, girls volleyball, Co-ed cheer, girls softball and boys baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include: Co-ed cross country, Co-ed wrestling and Co-ed track and field. Each year, over 3,000 middle school students participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program from Tempe, Chandler and the Phoenix area. This program provides a positive, high- quality sports program that emphasizes participation, teamwork, skill development and sportsmanship.
Goals and objectives for every participant:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of all others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
Participation Requirements: All students must have a current sports physical on file in order to try out;
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut-sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports.
- I understand that there will be NO refunds once a fee is paid if paid by the tax credit option.
- Athletic fees designated as auxiliary may be refundable ONLY for eligible nonparticipation reasons, such as season cancellation prior to the start date or minimum enrollments not met for teams.
- A transaction fee will be applied when an auxiliary option is chosen.
Try-Outs and Registration
You can access try-out and online registration information from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. To register for a sport please visit https://az-kyrene.intouchreceipting.com/ .
These are the upcoming sports that will be offered in Winter 2022/2023:
- Co-ed Wrestling (non-cut sport)
- Co-ed Cheer (cut sport)
- Boys Basketball (cut sport)
- Girls Soccer (cut sport)
- Girls Softball (cut sport)
For additional information regarding our registration process please click the links below.
For information regarding tryouts and practices, contact your school site Athletic Department (see contact information below).
Jesse Gutierrez Assistant Principal/Athletic Director: email@example.com
Sue Spadafore Student Services/Athletic Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports Physical Form
- Brain Injury/Concussion Form (mild traumatic) (see concussion fact sheet below)
- Kyrene Sportsmanship Agreement
- Participation Payment Agreement
- Kyrene Family Handbook
- Uniform Replacement Agreement
- Financial Assistance Application
Additional Athletic Registration Forms: