CENTENNIAL MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Athletics Update (1/3/22)
We are very excited about continuing our winter sports season. We will continue to follow and align our face covering protocols with the CDC requirements for all participants, spectators and staff. At this time, any person may return from isolation from COVID after 5 days if they are fever free and symptoms are improving. This shortening of the isolation period comes with direction to continue to wear a mask for 5 days when around others. However, students or staff who are returning from being ill should be wearing a face covering through the 10th day.
Please see the Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics page for overall safety measures and sport-specific guidance. We will continue to monitor our mitigation strategies and offer athletics programs in accordance with our Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics Plan. The safety of our student athletes, staff and community are our highest priority.
Spring Sports 2022
Online registration for all spring sports will begin Friday, January 7, 2022.
Spring sports offered are: Girls Basketball, Boys Baseball and Track & Field.
Registration for cut sports (Girls Basketball & Boys Baseball) closes on Thursday, February 10 @ noon.
Registration for non-cut sports (Track and Field) closes on Tuesday, March 1 @ noon.
Athletic Registration & Tryout Information
- You can access try-out and online registration information from your computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Our online registration system will soon be open for Winter Sports.
- Online Registration will begin Friday, January 7, 2022 until noon on February 10, 2022 for cut sports and March 1 for non cut sports (Track & Field).
Tryouts begins, Monday, February 14, 2022.
To register online CLICK HERE. A completed online registration must be done for student participation.
In order to tryout and participate in a sport, students must complete online paperwork, include a current physical (less than one-year old) and must have health insurance. More information will be available at Meet The Teacher Night.
Support our Athletic Program
How can you help support our students involved in our sports program? Consider a tax credit donation. Click the following link for more information Tax Credits, click here!
If your student will be participating in a non cut sport, payment is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration.
2. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.
Please review Participation Policies & Guidelines.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application prior to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Financial Assistance Application Form - Financial Assistance forms must be turned into the Kyrene District Office.
Goals for Every Participant
For questions, please call Centennial Athletics: 480-541-6404CMS Athletic Director: Dr. Randall Hoggard email@example.comCMS Student Services & Athletics: Sue Spadafore firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team