Centennial Middle School Athletics
Kyrene offers “cut” and “non-cut” sports for middle school students.
Sports offered include boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, girls volleyball, boys baseball,
girls softball, track and field, cross country and wrestling.
Registration is now done online! Only the physical and Concussion sheet will be turned into athletics at CMS by the tryout deadlines. Online Registration is now closed for Spring Sports except for Track and Field.
Tryouts are now done for baseball and girls basketball.
Click here for game schedules to come and cheer on our teams!
Track & Field Practice started Feb 19, Registration for track & Field continues until March 7.
register at www.kyrene.org/athleticregistration
or click below
- When you complete the registration online, you will get a message telling you that the registration is complete along with an email telling you that you have completed the registration. (Make sure you complete the purchase once it is in your cart, green button on top right corner!) You must register for the correct school, make sure to pick Centennial!
- If you do not receive the completion email, go back and check your registration to see if it is complete or call your school to see if you are registered.
- In order for a student to tryout for a sport, they must be registered online by the deadline and also have their physical and concussion forms turned into CMS athletic dept in the front office.
- No late registrations, the website to register will be closed.
2. Sport Physical & Concussion Form- submit to CMS Athletics/Mrs. Northrup by due date
3. Grade check sheet submit to the coach on or before the first day of tryouts
4. Read and Be Informed- Athletic Director: Tim O'Donnell
5. Want Kyrene Athletic announcements sent directly to your mobile device?
- Sign up for the Remind messaging service, you'll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays and special Kyrene Athletic events.
Coaches Letters, Important Updates & Notifications:Coach Letters tell specific information regarding times, location, tryouts, practices....
- Go to REMIND 101 or download the app on your mobile device and join class code @7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program)
Games Schedules (click here to be taken to all sport schedules)
Fall Sports Cross Country (non-cut) Girls Volleyball JV Varsity Boys Soccer JV Varsity Winter Sports Wrestling (non-cut) Girls Soccer JV Varsity Boys Basketball JV Varsity Girls Softball JV Varsity Cheerleading JV Varsity Spring Sports Track & Field (non-cut) Girls Basketball JV Varsity Boys Baseball JV Varsity
The goals for every participant are:
Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
Active participation by all members of the teams
How can families support our Athletic Program?
Make a TAX CREDIT donation today!
Please consider donating to "Give the Gift of Athletics" to our student athletes. Your contribution helps give all students an opportunity to participate in our three seasons of sports, as well as supporting costs for coaches, official, facility rentals, uniforms and equipment.
Financial AssistanceIf you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance. Click here to be taken to the financial assistance form. Forms are turned into the Kyrene District Office.For questions, please call Centennial Athletics at 480-541-6404CMS Athletic Director:Tim O'DonnellCMS Student Services & Athletics:Deb Northrup