Letter from the Athletic Director, Dr. Randall Hoggard
Dear CMS Sabercat families,
Athletics Update (1/3/22)
We are very excited about continuing our winter sports season. We will continue to follow and align our face covering protocols with the CDC requirements for all participants, spectators and staff. At this time, any person may return from isolation from COVID after 5 days if they are fever free and symptoms are improving. This shortening of the isolation period comes with direction to continue to wear a mask for 5 days when around others. However, students or staff who are returning from being ill should be wearing a face covering through the 10th day.
Please see the Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics page for overall safety measures and sport-specific guidance. We will continue to monitor our mitigation strategies and offer athletics programs in accordance with our Kyrene Safe Strong Athletics Plan. The safety of our student athletes, staff and community are our highest priority.
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team.
Dr Randall Hoggard
Site Athletic Director