Centennial Middle School Athletics
Kyrene Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to ensure our students and families are safe during this time. Some of our middle school students are currently registered for our spring athletics programs. We understand that many of the athletic programs have not begun their competitive seasons, rather athletes have only engaged in practice sessions. We have received inquiries regarding the refund process for these fees and are currently monitoring the situation. If the school closure is extended, we will work to establish a refund process. We are committed to a transparent process so communication will continue to be sent as we better understand the extent of school closures.
Kyrene Athletic Programs
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” athletic opportunities for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball.
Non-cut sports include: cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
Spring Sports 2020
All participants are required to register online.
- Once your child is registered, you will receive an email stating registration has been completed. If you do not receive an email, please go back into the registration page and check the cart. You will need to check out to complete the registration.
- Every student registered to participate in a sport will also need a signed concussion form and a current physical on file.
Sports physicals are good for 1 year. Forms are online on the CMS athletics website or in the front office with Ms. Patti in student services.
- Coaches will hold informational meetings the first week of practices. Letters from the coaches will be available at those meetings and on the CMS athletics website.
If your student will be participating in a non-cut sport, payment of $110 is due at the time of registration.
If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment of $150 will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. A cheer payment of $90 will also be due upon making the team.
You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice. You have several options to make your payment.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.
2. Payment can be made by calling the District Office, 480-541-1500.
3. You can go to the Kyrene School District Customer Service Center at 8700 South Kyrene Rd, Tempe (located at the NW corner of Kyrene & Warner Rd)
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click here for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Once complete applications must be turned into the Kyrene School District.
Keep in Touch with Athletics
- Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You'll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletic events.
- To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the remind app on your mobile device and join class code @7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program)
Support our Athletic Program
How can you help support our students involved in our sports program? Consider a tax credit donation. Click the following link for more information Tax Credits, click here!For questions, please call Centennial Athletics: 480-541-6404CMS Athletic Director: Dr. Randall HoggardCMS Student Services & Athletics: Patti Tollefson email@example.com
Games Schedules (click here to be taken to ALL sport schedules)
Track & Field Practice Schedule (Please check weekly as schedule is subject to change)