About Mrs. Leftwich
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary and Middle Education, Radford University, Virginia
- Master of Arts in Elementary Education, Arizona State University
- Reading Endorsement, Arizona State University
- Master of Education in Educational Administration, Grand Canyon University
- Assistant Principal at Kyrene de la Esperanza 2015 - Present
- 1991-1993: 1st Grade Arlington, Virginia
- 2000-2001: 1st Grade Kyrene del Sureno
- 2001-2010: 2nd Grade Kyrene de la Estrella
- 2010-2015: 3rd Grade Kyrene de la Estrella
- 2010-2014 6th Grade Summer Math Academy, Desert Vista HS
I am honored and thrilled to be part of the Esperanza Community! This school’s mission of providing a positive and engaging learning environment that promotes and inspires success for all of our students is a mission I embrace whole heartedly. I became an educator because I have a true passion for helping all learners reach their full potential. As a classroom teacher it was my goal to develop the whole child, touching their lives and helping them grow, academically, socially and emotionally. As an assistant principal I am excited to work with all of our families and staff in our commitment to help our students achieve academic success and demonstrate good character.
Being a “military brat” I’ve lived in the Philippines, Georgia, Hawaii, Alaska, and Virginia. I have been a resident of Ahwatukee for the past 25 years. I have been married to my husband, Phillip, for almost 28 years now. We are the proud parents of four children, two boys and two girls. Our seventh and eighth family members are our boxers, Addi and Bruce Wayne. I enjoy spending time with my family, working out, hiking, reading and going to the movies.
It is my privilege to be a part of this wonderful community. I look forward to building lasting relationships as we work together, keeping our Esperanza students at the heart of all of our decisions.