Kyrene Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to ensure our students and families are safe during this time. Due to the decision to continue school closure through April 10, Kyrene's spring athletic season is cancelled. We will be issuing refunds to our families for the full registration amout of $150.00 for Baseball and Basketball athletics fees and $110.00 for Track and Field athletics fees. We have begun working on the refund process and ask for your patience as we work through this new protocol.
Athletic uniforms are an inportant component of our programs. We will not be collecting uniforms at this time, therefore this step will not delay athletic fees from being issued. Once it is safe to return to school, we will be establishing a procedure to collect athletic uniforms and we ask that you help us in gathering and returning those uniforms when it is time.
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director, Carl Nasuta. email@example.com
Kyrene Athletic Programs
Aprende Middle School Athletics
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team.
∼Spring Sports 2020∼
Please register your child at
Once your child is registered you will receive an email stating registration has been completed. If you do not receive an email, please go back into the registration page and check the cart. You will need to check out to complete the registration.
If your student will be participating in a non cut sport, payment of $110 is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment of $150 will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice. You have several options to make your payment.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.2. You can call your payment in to the district office. Please call the District Office at 480-541-1500.
3. You can go to the Kyrene School District Customer Service Center at 8700 South Kyrene Rd, Tempe. (located at the NW corner of Kyrene & Warner Rds.)
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance. Click here for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Once complete applications must be turned into the Kyrene School District.
Keep in Touch with Athletics
Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You'll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletic events. To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the remind app on you mobile device and join class code @7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program).
For Questions please contact Cindy Wilson, Aprende Athletics at 480-541-6205 or firstname.lastname@example.org