Akimel A-al Middle School Athletics
Kyrene offers both "cut" and "non-cut" sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball and baseball.
Non-cut athletic opportunities include: cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
**Athletic Registration & Tryout Information**
You can access try-out and online registration information from your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Our online registration system will soon be open for Fall Sports. Online Registration will begin Monday, July 26, 2021 until noon on August 12, 2021.
Tryouts begins, Monday, August 16, 2021.
REGISTER NOW! To register online CLICK HERE. A completed online registration must be done for student participation.
- Students must have health insurance coverage in order to try-out and participate in a school sport
If your student will be participating in a non-cut sport, payment is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration.
2. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.
** Please review KAP Middle School Athletics Participation Policies & Guidelines click here.
If you have any questions please call our Student Services/Athletic Secretary, Judy Cotharin, at 480-541-5805.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click HERE for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Financial Assistance forms must be turned into the Kyrene District Office.
Please click on the link next to the sport to view the coaches letter and game/meet schedule.
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR: Dana Westermann 480-541-5805 email@example.com
ATHLETIC SECRETARY: Judy Cotharin 480-541-5805 JCotharin@kyrene.org