Akimel A-al Middle School Athletics
Winter Sports 22/23
Winter sports offered are: Boys Basketball, Girls Softball, Girls Soccer, Co-ed Cheer, and Co-ed Wrestling.
Boys Basketball , Girls Softball , Girls Soccer, and Co-ed Cheer are cut sports.
Co-ed Wrestling is a non-cut sport.
Online registration for all winter sports opens 10/07/2022 . Registration closes 11/4 for cut-sports.
Please visit our registration portal to register online for Winter Sports.
Online registration must be completed for student participation.
Kyrene offers both "cut" and "non-cut" sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball and baseball.
Non-cut athletic opportunities include: cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
Athletic Registration & Tryout Information
You can access try-out and online registration information from your computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Parent Online Registration Checklist
- Sports Physical Form (must be on file and less than one year old)
- Students must have health insurance coverage in order to try out and participate in school sports.
If your student is participating in a non-cut sport, payment is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment will be due once you have been notified that your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration.
2. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.
** Please review KAP Middle School Athletics Participation Policies & Guidelines click here.
If you have any questions, please call our Student Services/Athletic Secretary, Stacy Huerta, at 480-541-5805.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click HERE for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Financial Assistance forms must be turned into the Kyrene District Office.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements is needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity.
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contact, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR: Stephani Wood 480-541-5805 email@example.com
ATHLETIC SECRETARY: Stacy Huerta 480-541-5805 firstname.lastname@example.org