Akimel A-al Middle School Athletics
Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
The goals for every participant are:
- Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball.
- The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
Please review the KAP Middle School Athletic Participation Policies & Guidelines. click here
SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Closes on Wednesday, February 12, 2020.
Girls Basketball, Baseball, Track and Field
The following must be completed to participate:
1. Online registration for middle school sports CLICK HERE.
- When you complete the registration online, you will get a message telling you that the registration is complete along with an email telling you that you have completed the registration.
- If you do not receive the completion email, go back and check your registration to see if it is complete and not still in the cart or call your school to see if you are registered.
- In order for a student to tryout for a sport, they must be registered online, and have turned in their sports physical and concussion forms to Mrs. Cotharin in Student Services.
- Late registrations are not accepted as the registration website does close.
2. Mandatory Registration forms to turn in to Mrs. Cotharin/Akimel A-al Athletics.
3. Students must have health insurance coverage in order to try-out and participate in a school sport.
4. Keep In Touch with Athletics
- Sign up for the Remind messaging Service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You'll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletic events. To sign up go to Remind 101 or download the remind app on your mobile device and join class code@7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program).
If your student will be participating in a non cut sport, payment is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport, payment will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. You will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice.
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.2. You can call your payment in to the district office. Please call the District Office at 480-541-1500.
3. You can go to the Kyrene School District Customer Service Center at 8700 South Kyrene Rd, Tempe. (located at the NW corner of Kyrene & Warner Rds.)
If you have any questions please call our Student Services/Athletic Secretary, Judy Cotharin, at 480-541-5805.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click here for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Financial Assistance forms must be turned into the Kyrene District Office.
TAX CREDITPlease consider making a tax credit donation for our student athletes. Your contribution helps give all students an opportunity to participate in our three seasons of sports, as well as supporting costs for coaches, officials, facility rentals, uniforms and equipment.
- 2019 Cross Country Meet Schedule
- 2019 JV Boys Soccer
- 2019 Varsity Boys Soccer
- 2019 JV Volleyball
- 2019 Varsity Volleyball
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION