Welcome to Mr. Wallin's Class
8th Grade Social Studiesgwallin@kyrene.org | 480.541.5943.
Hello Students and Parents,
I hope everyone is still doing well. Starting Monday, March 30, Kyrene’s on line classes will begin, and for social studies you will be going over materials that are related to Economics. Economics is the next unit that we would be studying if we were in the classroom. These on line lessons will continue as long as schools are closed. Each unit will include readings out of the on line textbook, worksheets with questions to answers, and supplementary readies. The dates of the assignments have changed from the original email
Week 1 (March 27-April 3): Introduction of Economics Chapter 16 Lesson 1
Week 2 (April 6-10): World Economics Systems: Trade: Chapter 23 Lesson 1
Week 3 (Just in case April 13-17): World Economics Systems: The US Economy Chapter 16 Lesson 2, Chapter 17 Lesson 1
- In each week’s assignments students should first read the on line textbook. Remember the online textbook does have the capability to read the book so the student can listen. Page numbers that are given for the textbook do not coincide with page numbers in the on line book, so look for the units Chapter and lesson in my weekly instructions.
- Next, read the Reading Essentials and answer the questions as you go. These sheets are in the on line text book. Click on Reading essentials and look for the correct chapter. The Reading essentials cover the entire chapter, so only do the pages that go with that week’s lesson. My weekly assignment instructions, which will be in google classroom, will give you which pages to complete. You can complete them on line, use the copy in google classroom, print them out and answer on the sheet, or use a notebook
- After that, do the Inquiry Journal Click on Inquiry Journals and look for the correct chapter. The Inquiry Journals cover the entire chapter, so only do the pages that go with that week’s lesson. My weekly assignment instructions, which will be in google classroom, will give you which pages to complete. You can complete them on line, use the copy in google classroom print them out and answer on the sheet, or use a notebook
- If there’s time, use the Learnsmart activities that are assigned.
While we are out of school, I will be posting the materials/instructions for that week’s lessons the Sunday before in google classrom. The on line textbook is always available:
- Go to the Kyrene website
- Click on Students
- Click on Educational Resources and scroll down to McGraw-Hill 8th grade social studies
- Use the at home sign-in instructions.
- Click on the Chapter number and the lesson number for materials.
There’s a lot going on, and I understand there will be confusion. I’m right there with you. Please be patient and understanding if there are some glitches in the system. They will decrease as we continue. I will be sending more information in the following days.