- Kyrene Altadeña Middle School
- 8th Grade End of Year Events
8TH GRADE END OF YEAR ACTIVITIES
The Kyrene Altadena Community is committed to the social and academic growth and excellence of all students. Certainly, academic excellence is paramount towards us accomplishing our mission for all students to succeed. We are also dedicated to modeling, teaching and reinforcing attitudes, and behaviors to ensure our children make positive contributions in our community and beyond.
8th graders have exciting privileges to look forward to at the end of the year. These activities are privileges that are given to students who have shown good character and hard work in their classes.
- 8th Grade Dance - Friday, May 13th (6:30 - 8:30 pm) on campus in the Multipurpose Room.
- Main Event in Gilbert - Monday, May 16th (9:00 am - 1:30 pm) *The cost of the Main Event trip is $10 per student, thanks to the generosity of our PTSO for supplementing the cost. Payment should be made online: https://az-kyrene.intouchreceipting.com/ payment is due by Friday, April 29th.
- 8th Grade Promotion - Tuesday, May 17th. Promotion will take place in the school gym, times to be announced
To be eligible for the end of the year activities, 8th grade students must be in good academic standing (No grade of F in any class) and demonstrate good behavioral conduct. Any of the following will result in an 8th grade student becoming ineligible for all end of year activities:
- Major behavior incidents resulting in an Off-Campus Suspension or placement in an alternative program.
- Major behavior incidents resulting in In-School Intervention (ISI)
- Excessive Classroom Timeouts (3 or more) due to classroom disruptions and/or disrespect or defiance
- Excessive minor infractions
Past incidents do not count towards the above-mentioned behaviors. The tracking of these behaviors begins Friday, March 18, 2022 and goes through the remainder of the school year.
Please note, it is the discretion of the Altadena Middle School Administrative Team to withhold the 8th Grade Dance or Main Event for ANY disciplinary actions/behavior issues demonstrated by any 8th grade student. *Payment cannot be refunded for students losing their eligibility.