Safety and Sanitation
Safety and Sanitation Test
PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ON THE TEST
True or False: Please write out the word TRUE or FALSE for each statement.
- It is safe to try and put out a grease fire using water.
- It is safe to try and put out a grease fire by putting the lid on the saucepan pot and turning off the stove.
- Keeping the blade of a knife dull is safer than keeping it sharp.
- Cross contamination can be prevented by cooking meats thoroughly to the internal temperature.
- Cross contamination can be prevented by washing and sanitizing all utensils and surfaces that raw meat and poultry touch.
- You have to wash your hands in cold water for 10 seconds in order to get rid of all germs.
- Putting a fork or spoon in the microwave is safe to do.
- You can keep bleach and other chemicals in your cabinets next to your food.
Multiple Choice: Please write JUST THE LETTER of the correct answer.
- Which one of these ways is NOT ok for putting out a grease fire:
- Using a cookie sheet to smother it
- Using flour or sugar
- Using baking soda
- Using a fire extinguisher is it is the correct kind
- Which one is not a safe practice to do in the kitchen?
- Wiping up spills RIGHT as they happen
- Using a cutting board when cutting
- Keeping cabinets and drawers closed
- Using an oven mitt that is damp
- Which one is NOT an example of cross contamination?
- Cutting meat on a cutting board, and then cutting an apple on the same board without washing
- Touching raw chicken and then touching other kitchen utensils, without washing your hands in between
- Putting raw burger patties on a plate, grilling the patties, and then putting them on the same plate, without washing it, once cooked
- Eating a burger that was not cooked the the correct temperature and then getting sick
- Which is the best way for picking up broken glass:
- Using a wad of wet paper towel
- Using a broom
- Using your bare hands, carefully
- Using a wad of dry paper towel
- Which one is not a common symptom of a foodborne illness?
- Abdominal cramping
- Dry mouth
Fill in the blank: Use the words to fill in the blanks of the questions below. Each word is only used once.
Sanitation Cross Contamination Produce
Foodborne Illness abdominal thrusts
- A ___________________________ is when you get sick due to eating contaminated food that contains harmful bacteria, viruses, parasites, or other chemical/ physical contaminants.
- ______________________________ occurs when you transfer harmful bacteria from one surface to another.
- What you should do to someone who is choking:
- Handling food and food surfaces in a way that is clean and healthy is called ____________________.
- Washing ________________ before using can help prevent foodborne illnesses