What is the culture of the Altadeña Band?
Here are some quotes that we work and live by:
- Don’t ever be distracted by talent. As much as talent counts, effort counts twice.
- Finish what you start. You can’t quit on a bad day.
- Success is never final; failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts.
- Have a fierce resolve in everything you do. Demonstrate determination, resiliency, and tenacity. Do not let temporary setbacks become permanent excuses. Use mistakes and problems as opportunities to get better, not reasons to quit.
- It is easy to tell ourselves that the people we see succeeding are luckier or more talented than we are but behind the greatest successes are a long series of failures and a lot of mundane tasks repeated again and again. Success results from effort sustained over a long period of time.
- From the very beginning to the very end, it is inestimably important to learn to keep going even when things are difficult, even when we have doubts. At various points, in big ways and small, we get knocked down. If we stay down, grit loses. If we get up, grit prevails.