Welcome to Math Class with Mrs. Glaser at KDA!
I would like to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. I am really excited about this new branch of education and am thrilled that you chose KDA along with me. Below you will find some information about me and how to prepare for math class.
- My husband and I moved to Arizona from the Chicago-land area 2 years ago. Back in Illinois, I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Teaching of Mathematics and my Master of Arts degree in Special Education. In Illinois, I taught High School Math and Special Education for 8 years. When I arrived in Arizona, I decided to make another change and teach Middle School! I truly love teaching middle school math, and believe it is the perfect fit for me. I want to make sure your student is able to move on to high school with both math skills and confidence! I find 7th and 8th grade to be the building blocks for high school math, and want to ensure that students get the quality teaching they deserve to ensure a successful math education for years to come.
How to contact me:
- Email is preferred. Please send emails directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School phone number: 480-541-7123
What to expect in math class:
- The structure of each class is very similar to in-person learning
- Warm up
- Whole group instruction
- Small group breakout sessions/ individual work
- Exit Slip
- Homework assignments 3-4 days a week
- Mathia once a week
- Sticky Notes
- Notebook (for math only)
- Carnegie Student Workbook (Course 2 for 7th Grade, Course 3 for Gate Math 8)
I would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation throughout this school year. Please contact me (email is preferred) at any time if you have questions/concerns about your student. Let’s make this a great school year!
P.S. Here is the website for IT assistance, which has the Tech Help Desk email address in case you need it! https://sites.google.com/kyrene.org/distancelearninghelp/home?authuser=0