Family and Consumer Science (FACS) Curriculum Map
- All students are given a student/parent letter to be signed at the beginning of the quarter.
- Open Labs are only once a quarter and students choose what they would like to cook. Students then decide who will
bring in a particular food and enjoy a lab day making their food choice.
- Extra Credit is described in the letter and students may complete two of those per quarter.
- Seventh and Eighth Graders begin sewing after the first four weeks.
- Eighth Graders sew shorts.
- Seventh Graders sew a pillow they have chosen and paid $6.00 for the complete kit.
- Sixth Graders create a Food Product complete with all packaging guidelines for their big project. Sometimes they
will have some "extra sewing" fun during this time.
- All students may request a print-out of
their grade at anytime.