Skip right to donating at AprendeRocks.com!
NO OUTSIDE COMPANY TAKES A LARGE PERCENT OF THESE DONATIONS.
The PTSO runs this fundraiser creating more value for your dollar toward the school. The only fees we incur are processing fees, which equate to about 3%.
We are running our pledge drive throughout the month of October. Please know that no amount is too small. Your ongoing backing and support are both truly appreciated. With that being said, we want you to know for every $10 you give to our Aprende Rocks! Pledge Drive, you will be entered into our rocking Opportunity Drawing with some amazing prizes geared toward our donors/adults and community! Give $20, you'll get 2 entries, $50 and you'll get 5 entries, and so on. AND the student you are supporting will be entered just as many times into the student-specific drawing with equally awesome prizes. All of the proceeds stay with the school, including 10% going directly back to the classrooms. That's a win-win-win!
97% of total donations directly support Aprende! (we have a small processing fee is all!)
10% of total donations go directly back to the advisory teacher!
Our schoolwide goal is to collect $30,000 in donations.
Making a donation? Every $10 donation will equal (1) entry for the donor into a special opportunity drawing geared toward our donors/adults! Who knew donating to our school could be so rewarding?
Student who is collecting? Every $10 you collect will equal (1) entry for YOU into the student drawing, also filled with a bunch of awesome prizes including a brand new Nintendo Switch!
- Students who get just one $10 donation will receive an Aprende Rocks! sticker.
- Students who collect $100 or more will have an opportunity to win one of many special experiences offered by various Aprende teachers—It could be giving a pie in the face, making them kiss an animal or even picking their next hair color!
- The top Advisory classes (most donations per student) in each grade level will receive their choice of a popcorn, ice cream, donut or skittle party!
- The top 3 Advisory TEACHERS will win gift cards to a place of their choice valued at $100, $75 and $50!
WHY DO WE NEED A PLEGE DRIVE?How does the PTSO support Aprende?
- Generally, we have around $30K in expenses as a PTSO
- About 1/3 of our budget goes to what we call "Principal Expenses." This includes incentives for PBIS which is our school-wide behavioral program, AVID expenses, and Counselor expenses that are used to support students in need with snacks, meals, etc. We also fund scholarships for activities for students that are in need as well.
- Another 1/3 of that goes to "Teacher Appreciation" including Dinners during conferences, Back to School lunch for teachers, monthly pick-me-ups and birthday celebrations for our teachers, the staff holiday party, and events during Teacher Appreciation Week. We also provide some items in the staff lounge. Most of these items are food-related as the Kyrene budget does not allow the purchase of food with allocated expenses in their budget. We feel this is critical to help our staff feel supported and encouraged.
- The remaining expenses include purchasing playground balls (which get used A LOT and likewise need replacing quite a bit!), supporting Math Night and Science Night, support for the fundraiser as not all prizes are donated and including the 10% allocation to the teachers, general operating expenses including tax prep fees for our non-profit, and any other unique needs that may arise along the way.
- In the past, we've used additional raised funds to purchase water refill stations for the school, the popular Gaga pit outside, popcorn and cotton candy machines which the teachers can use in class parties, furniture / decorations and coffee machines for the staff lounge, and so much more. This year in particular, the school is in need of a quality, portable sound system, synthetic turf, more water refill stations and outdoor benches to name a few!
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
Drawings will be held in November!
Announcement of winners will also be made during school, on this site and in the Jagwire Newsletter.
DONORS ROCK! OPPORTUNITY DRAWING PRIZES*
Each prize package is valued around $100 or more!
- Massage package
- Wine package
- Golf package
- Craft beer package
- Date night package
STUDENTS ROCK! STUDENT DRAWING PRIZES*
GRAND PRIZE ($400 value): Beats Headphones, Go-Pro Bundle OR Nintendo Switch! (The winner CHOOSES!)
- Weekly mini-drawings will be held!
- Bowling Certificates
- Main Event Gift Cards
- Annual Passes from PogoPass with tons of experiences and games to attend at no additional costs (Diamondbacks, Mercury, ASU games, Billiards and Bowling, Gravity Extreme and more)
- $50 Dutch Bros gift card
- Phoenix Zoo Passes
- Restaurant Gift Cards
- Bahama Bucks
- Launch Rockets
- ... and more!!!
*PLUS MORE PRIZES AND SURPRISES ARE STILL COMING IN TO ADD!
Want to contribute a prize? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students collecting $10 or more in donations will receive an “Aprende Rocks!” sticker!