Grand Canyon Reader Award
This award is sponsored by the Arizona Library Association. Each year, teachers, librarians, and students submit recommended titles to the committee. The committee reads all the books and selects ten books for each of the five categories (Picture Book, Non-fiction, Intermediate, Tween and Teen). Students have until the end of March to vote on one book per category.
The purpose of this award is to encourage Arizona young readers to become better acquainted with recently published quality books and to honor favorite books and authors.
To be eligible for nomination, a book must:
- Be a title most often read or requested by children.
- Have strong appeal for the age group for which the nomination is made.
- Have been published in English within the previous five years and still be in print.
- Students must read at least 3 books in the Tween and Teen category.
- Students must read at least 5 books in the Non-fiction category.