About Dr. W.
Welcome to the 7th Grade Jaguar Academy! I look forward to working with all of you this year. The math and science curriculum is fantastic and I’m excited to dig into it.
This is my second year teaching in Kyrene. I am a certified Science Technology Engineering and Math Teacher. Teaching is my second career. Previously I worked for IBM as a Process Integration engineer and Project Management Professional in their New York semiconductors division. I hold a Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I also hold a Doctorate in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. Go Longhorns!
If you have any concerns or just want to touch base, I would love to hear from you. The best way to reach me is by email.
I’ve been married for sixteen years to another engineer. I am also a Kyrene parent. I enjoy hiking, going to the movies and reading.
Dr. Porshia Wrschka
2019-2020 Supply List
- 2 composition notebooks for Math (1 for Fall and 1 for Spring Semester)
- 2 composition notebooks for Science (1 for Fall and 1 for Spring Semester)
- Loose leaf college-ruled paper
- Loose-leaf graph paper (optional)
- Pencils (Ticonderoga brand preferred) – mechanical pencils are OK, but please have replacement lead
- Pens (blue or black)
- Highlighters (Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink)
- Sticky notes (1 ½” x 2” and 3” x 3”)
- Index cards
- Ear buds or small headphones (these will be used all the time as we have laptops for every student)
- Inexpensive Calculator with square root key ($1-$10)
- 3” Binder (with D-ring if possible) and 6 dividers
- Pencil case that is 3 ring hole punched
- Pencil sharpener
Suggested Apps for personal Mobile Devices**
- Google Drive– for file management. You may install Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. to edit files.
- ParentVue –the online gradebook. Use this app to stay up to date on your child’s grades.
- Brainpop– watch academic videos for all subject areas and topics.
- Khan Academy– watch more math and science videos.
** This list may expand as the year progresses.