Meet Ms. Holden
I'm Ms. Holden and I am absolutely elated to be at KTA for another year! When I began taking courses in the Early Childhood field, it was to fulfill my yearly teacher training hours which were required by my employer while I was seeking my degree in nursing. During my first two classes, I strongly suspected that this field is where I belong. After changing my major, I completed my AAS and certificate in Early Learning and Development and then received my BSED in Early Childhood Education. In addition, I have a passion for both STEAM and Special Education, so I try to take trainings on these specific topics as frequently as possible. :)
My teaching philosophy is derived explicitly through respect and empathy. In my classroom, we work on building life skills and approaching problems as a team every day. I strive to connect with each and every one of my students, and strongly emphasize the crucial communications between parents/guardians and myself.
Some fun facts about me ...
• I was born in Brattleboro, Vermont. If you have never been to the east coast, I strongly recommend you add it to your bucket list. It is a wonderful and beautiful place!
• I have lived in Arizona for just over a decade. It’s vastly different from VT but I have a loving family and strong support system here that I wouldn’t trade for the world.
• Working with children is my passion.
• I am also a Certified Kids and Family Yoga Instructor. Yoga, mindfulness, and meditation are practices that I kind of stumbled upon at a very crucial point in my life, and find each of them to be incredibly useful in the Education Field.
• Not only am I a teacher and yoga instructor, but I am most importantly a mother to two school-aged children. Rhea is my daughter and named after a moon on Saturn. She loves school and excels in reading and science. Her hobbies include drawing/crafting and of course, being on a computer or phone. My son is named Jacoby after my favorite baseball player, Jacoby Ellsbury. He is a huge science nerd like me— who also happens to thoroughly enjoy video games.
As a family, we enjoy exploring, hiking, playing games, birdwatching, and learning about science and nature!