Arizona Civic Engagement School
Kyrene de los Lagos is being recognized as a School of Distinction for 2017-2018 by the Arizona Department of Education. The school is being recognized for demonstrated implementation of the six proven practices of civic learning:
(1) classroom instruction in civics, government, history, geography, economics, law, and democracy;
(2) service learning linked to classroom learning;
(3) student participation in simulations of democratic processes;
(4) guided classroom discussion of current events;
(5) student participation in school governance; and
(6) extracurricular activities.
ADE Excellence in Civic Engagement School Recognition
6th Annual Civic Learning Conference
Desert Willow Conference Center
Friday, March 1, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
More information at ADE Excellence in Civic Engagement.