Arizona Civic Engagement School
Kyrene Traditional Academy is being recognized as a 2017-18 Arizona Excellence in Civic Engagement Merit School recipient by the Arizona Department of Education. The school is being recognized for demonstrated implementation of the six proven practices of civic learning:
(1) classroom instruction in civics, government, history, geography, economics, law and democracy;
(2) service learning linked to classroom learning;
(3) student participation in simulations of democratic processes;
(4) guided classroom discussion of current events;
(5) student participation in school governance; and
(6) extracurricular activities.
The school recognition ceremony will be at the 5th Annual Civic Learning Conference on March 2, 2018 in Phoenix.
ADE Excellence in Civic Engagement
5th Annual Civic Learning Conference
Desert Willow Conference Center
March 2, 2018, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.