Do you know a child who you suspect may have a
disability or has trouble with any of the following?
- Seeing people or objects?
- Hearing voices or other sounds?
- Talking, or is hard to understand when they do talk?
- Moving, especially when crawling, walking or running?
- Playing or getting along with children or adults?
- Interacting appropriately with others?
- Cognitive or academic skills?
If you answered yes to one or more of these statements, the Kyrene School District can provide screenings for special services for all qualified children, from age 3 to 21, who reside in our district boundaries, including migrant and homeless students, wards of the state, private and home schooled students, in the following ways:
- For school age children, age 5-21, who are currently
attending a Kyrene school, contact the child’s school administrator.
- For children age 3 to 5, and whose 5th birthday is after
September 1 and are not eligible for kindergarten, contact
the Developmental Preschool Program secretary at
480-541-1156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For children younger than 3 years, services are available
through the Arizona Early Intervention Program (AzEIP)
- For school age children, age 5-21, not attending a Kyrene school but who reside within our boundaries or attend a Private School located within our boundaries, contact Exceptional Student Services at 480-541-1150.
Last Modified on July 12, 2019