Do you know a child who you suspect may have a disability or has trouble with any of the following?
- Seeing people or objects?
- Hearing voices or other sounds?
- Talking, or is hard to understand when they do talk?
- Moving, especially when crawling, walking or running?
- Playing or getting along with children or adults?
- Interacting appropriately with others?
- Cognitive or academic skills?
If you answered yes to one or more of these statements, the Kyrene School District can provide screenings for special services for all qualified children, from age 3 to 21, who reside in our district boundaries, including migrant and homeless students, wards of the state, private and home schooled students, in the following ways:
• For school age children, age 5-21, who are currently attending a Kyrene school, contact the child’s school administrator.
• For children age 3 to 5 (not eligible age for kindergarten/children that turn age 5 by September 1), contact the Developmental Preschool Program secretary at 480-541-1156 or email@example.com.
• For children younger than 3 years, services are available through the Arizona Early Intervention Program (AzEIP) or 602-532-9960.
• For school age children, age 5-21, not attending a Kyrene school but who reside within the Kyrene District boundaries or attend a Private School located within our boundaries, contact Exceptional Student Services at 480-541-1150.