If you can’t volunteer, don’t worry! We always need donations of:
- Straws, pipe cleaners and balloons
- 2 liter bottles
- Legos (needed for the Annual Lego Challenge)
- Snap Circuits
- Non-Living Natural Specimens - leaves, interesting rocks, fossils, bones, etc.
- Old X-Ray, Medical Images (Human or Animal)
- Food Coloring
- Baking Soda
- Clean, dry recyclables and cool stuff for our “invention bin”
- Building/engineering toys
- Science kits
- Scientific specimens
- Science or engineering-themed kids’ books
- Working batteries - (9-volt, AAA, AA, C, D sizes)
Donated items can be dropped off at the office. Thank you for your support!
The Kyrene del la Colina DISCOVERoom is a room dedicated to
providing students the opportunity to immerse themselves
in a science and engineering-rich environment.
This is science-engineering enrichment funded
by YOUR TAX CREDIT DOLLARS.
Donate in person or by mail:
Use these forms for donations to specify DR as the extracurricular program.
Kyrene School District #28
Ben Furlong Education Center
8700 S. Kyrene Road
Tempe, AZ 85284-2197
Office is open Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Under state law, Arizona taxpayers can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit when they contribute to extracurricular activities in public schools. ARS 43-1089.01(G)(2)(d) defines extracurricular activities as school-sponsored activities that supplement the school’s educational program and require enrolled students to pay a fee in order to participate.