Practices will resume Thursday, March 18 @ 7 am
- Every Tuesday and Thursday mornings @ 7 am.
- Please sign-up for the team's Remind app! Text @aprendech to 81010
- Masks are required.
We are very excited to announce that we will resume winter sports on Tuesday, March 16. After careful review of the updated guidance from the Maricopa Department of Public Health, we feel confident in offering cross country, softball, boys’ basketball and cheer with the specific modifications outlined on our Safe Return to Athletics page.
Schedules will be posted on the District and School Site Athletics web pages. Cross Country will finish out their season with two regular meets and the Conference Meet on April 8 at Kyrene del Pueblo Middle School. The other sports will end around the middle of April.
Payments have already been collected for cross country. Dues for the other sports have been modified to half of a season, so rates will be half the cost (boys basketball-$75, softball-$75 and cheer $45). You will be receiving an individual email with more information on how to make your payment. All athletes are required to pay before participating in competition.
Please contact your school site Athletics Department for specific times and locations for practices.
Spectators at events will be limited and more information will be shared at a later date.
We will continue to monitor our mitigation strategies and offer our athletics programs in accordance with our Safe Return to Athletics Plan. Our safety of staff, student athletes and community are our highest priority.
Email Cashelton@kyrene.org with questions.
Thank you for trying out!! Congratulations to the following:
21Team information for students who make the team:
- The season runs from March 18- mid-April
- Practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7- 8 am.
- All students who make the team will be required to purchase a bow for $10.
- We will be performing at boy's basketball home games only. March 29 & April 7th @ 4:15 pm- 6pm est.
- Cloth masks will be mandatory.
- Practices will begin Thursday, March 18, at 7 AM meet by the front office. (This is contingent on District guidelines from AIA).
Please email me with any additional questions CASHelton@kyrene.org