Dual Language Middle School ProgramOur Middle School Program continues to provide Dual Language students with the opportunity to continue their path towards proficiency in Spanish.Program goals for all students:The Dual Language Program is designed for high academic achievement in all content areas. Goals for this program include bilingualism, biliteracy, multi-cultural awareness, as well as global citizenship. Students attain high levels of proficiency in both English and Spanish while learning grade level academic content.Our Focus:
Model: 70/30 modelStudents will be taught the following classes in Spanish.
- High academic achievement
- English and Spanish language fluency and literacy
- Positive cross-cultural attitudes promoting high self-esteem
- Implementation of the Arizona’s Standards
- Use of district adopted textbooks, and state of the art technology
- Access to language and culture study that is integrated into the entire school experience
- Spanish Language Arts
- Social Studies
For more information or to schedule a tour contact:Kyrene Middle School
1050 E. Carver Road
Tempe, AZ 85284
We are committed to continuing the outstanding learning opportunities for these students by providing a comprehensive program which will continue their growth in Spanish, as well as Advanced English/Language Arts, Social Studies and skill specific Math placement.