The Kyrene Governing Board has approved three measures for the November 7, 2017 election, as recommended by the Citizen's Budget Committee. The measures call for continuation of the current Maintenance and Operations (M&O) budget override; a call for continuation of the current Capital Outlay budget override; and an extension of the current bond authorization.
Per the elections process, the public was invited to submit their arguments “for and against” each ballot measure. The deadline to submit statements was Friday, August 11, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Information on how to submit your statement can be found at these links in English and Spanish.
For more information about the overrides/bond, and the Citizens’ Budget Committee recommendation which was approved by the Board, please see below.
Kyrene Citizens’ Budget Committee
To review Kyrene District budget and status of existing bonds, Maintenance and Operations (M&O) and Capital overrides. The Committee will be asked to make a recommendation to the Governing Board on requesting voter approval of a bond and on continuation of the existing M&O and Capital overrides.
Members of the Kyrene community, including parents, businesses and community partners, property owners.
There were four meetings. Information from each meeting can be found using the links below.
- March 20: Overview of Kyrene budget; What is a Bond? What is an override?
- March 27: Overview and discussion of options—M&O Override
- April 3: Overview and discussion of options—Capital Override
- April 10: Overview and discussion of bond; Arrive at Consensus on recommendation to the Board
- May 9: Initial presentation of Committee recommendation to Governing Board
- May 23: Governing Board votes on Committee recommendation