About Mrs. Bender
My name is Taylor Bender and I am your child's third grade teacher this year! I am super excited about working with you and your child. I know this is going to be a great year. This is my sixth year of teaching, and my fifth year teaching in Kyrene. I moved here from Virginia four years ago. I am married and have three beagles Copper, Daisy and Kingston.
Fun Facts About Me
- I am a graduate of Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia with a bachelor's degree in psychology and elementary education.
- I have a master's degree in reading from Grand Canyon Universit.
- I love learning and continue to learn all of the time!
- I am the oldest of four girls!
- I am obsessed with the color yellow because it is such a bright and happy color.
- I was married on 7/7/17.
- I was a cheerleader in high school and college.
- I love to read, hike, watch new movies, color, and decorate.
In order for each child in my class to be successful I set high expectations, build strong relationships with each student, and create a fun and safe learning environment. I encourage each student to try their best and know that mistakes are a part of the learning process. If you make mistakes you learn more and will do better the next time. I want my students to say "Even if I cannot do this yet, I will keep trying and I will become successful!"
I want my students to be successful and so I will support them in everything they do including events outside of the classroom. Please invite me to games, plays, and other extracurricular activities as I am interested in getting to know each child as more than just a student in my classroom. I want to build a relationship and create a classroom environment that is like a family.