Kyrene Middle School 1050 E. Carver Rd.
Home of the Scorpions Tempe, AZ 85284
Coach Jorge Rubi Coach Albert Escobedo
Attendance is important in showing your dedication to the team. It is highly advised to be at all days of tryouts. We understand conflicts arise, so please let us know if you will be missing any days so we can work with your schedule.
- Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 – 3:30-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 – 3:30-5:00 pm
- Thursday, November 14th, 2019 – 3:30 -5:00 pm
Practice and Games:
Attendance: It is difficult to play as a team if we don’t practice as a team. Play time is based on effort and attendance in practice, although all who attend a game will play.
Practice Days: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday until games start then Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-5:00. A calendar will be provided.
Location: KMS Soccer Field (behind the school at the track)
Game Days: 4:30 Mondays, 4:30 Wednesdays (see attached schedule)
Transportation: Kyrene busses will transport students to away games. Parents are responsible for pick up from home and away games.
- All players must wear proper shin guards to every practice and every game. Hard surfaces of shin guards must be covered with socks. (Referees will check).
- No shoes with front cleats may be worn (no baseball or football cleats). Only rubber cleats are allowed; metal cleats are not allowed (Referees will check).
- No jewelry, metal devices, or hazardous equipment may be worn.
- Each player should bring a water bottle to games and practices.
- Each player should have a stitched ball (as opposed to a hard, seamless ball) of proper size. The ball size is shown on the ball. Also, look for a stamp that says either “official size and weight” or “FIFA Approved.” If you have a choice, a shiny, waterproof surface is the best because it won’t absorb water and will last longer. Test the ball to see if it is round and will fly straight by tossing it into the air with a lot of spin on it to see if it wobbles. We will use a size 5 ball.
Expected Behavior: Please refer to the Kyrene Athlete and Spectator Sportsmanship Agreement you signed at the time of registration.
Medical Conditions: Please let the coaches know of any medical conditions your child may have that could impact their performance or safety on the field.
A Message from Your Coaches:
We are excited and preparing for another great soccer season at KMS (2019-2020)! We hope to see you at your best for our tryouts on Monday (11/12/19) and for the rest of the season!
Please remember, we want you to do your best on the field and most importantly have fun! We are here not only to watch your current skills but teach you new ones that can make you better on and off the field. We have NO doubt that we will have a respectful, excited and talented team.
This Season, we plan to grow as a team and become one. Be ready to work, learn and most importantly… have fun!
Coach Rubi and Coach Escobedo