Dual Language Benefits, Articles and ResearchArticles about Dual Language:- brochure, published by the Center for Applied Linguistics- article, from ERIC Digest- article, Harvard Education LetterWhat are the benefits of having my child participate in a Dual Language program?
As with any educational program, parent involvement and participation is crucial for student success.Parents are encouraged to:• Show their support throughout the school year by attending various meetings/events/activities during the school year, volunteering in the classroom, and learning a second language along with their child.• Understand the goals of the Dual Language Program and how instruction will be delivered to their child.• Ensure their child attends school each day on time.
- Research shows that learning a second language at an early age...
- Increases cognitive flexibility that results in higher-order thinking, problem-solving abilities, multitasking, creativity and focusing skills.
- Allows students to become proficient in a second language at no cost to their English development
- Enriches and enhances a child's mental development.
- Improves a child's understanding of his/her native language.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people he/she would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers around the world. See ACTFL’s Oral Proficiency levels in the workplace here.
- Students can reach a high level of proficiency and be elegible for the Arizona Seal of Biliteracy in high school.
Last Modified on October 4, 2019