Science Fair Information
Esperanza will be having a Science Fair on Thursday, February 16th, 2017! We hope that with your enthusiastic encouragement, your student will participate in the fair by preparing a project. This will be an exciting experience for your child!
We are confident the following benefits will result from your child’s participation in the Science Fair:
- Reinforcement of grade level science, literacy and math skills
- Fostering curiosity, awareness, and creativity
- Increased scientific knowledge
- Growth in ability to work independently
- Opportunities to use critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Increased awareness of science
- Developing positive attitudes about themselves and their work
- Having fun with science!
1. Complete and return the entry form/parent permission slip to the homeroom teacher by the specified due date: November 17th, 2016.
2. Choose a topic of interest and state the purpose of the project in the form of a scientific question.
3. Complete the project following the guidelines found in “How to Do a Science Fair Project” and make a presentation board (see Presentation Board Guidelines page).
4. Get only as much help as is needed. Parental support and assistance is essential to your child’s success, but please remember that this is a student project. A general rule of thumb to go by is:
- 4th and 5th graders should be doing almost the entire science project by themselves.
- 2nd and 3rd graders should be able to do many parts.
- 1st graders will need help for most of the project.
5. Attend the Science Fair during the evening of Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 5:30-7:00 pm with a parent or guardian.
o Parent volunteers are needed for the help sessions and to help set up and take down presentation boards on the day of the Science Fair.
o Please contact Mrs. Terry (email@example.com or 480/541-2922) or Liza Golden (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and/or to volunteer.
We look forward to seeing you at the Science Fair!
The Science Fair CommitteeImportant Dates:
10/17/16 Announce & Promote, Forms Available 11/17/16 Student Entry Forms Due ASAP Complete Science Fair projects at home. 2/13/17 Turn in Science Projects with attached Project Log at Great White Pod. See Mrs. Golden or Mrs. Terry. 2/16/17 Science Fair! 5:30-7:00 in Multi-Purpose RoomForms and Resources: