I look forward to seeing all of you at conferences this week.
- February 24-28: Book Fair
- February 25: Spring Picture Day
- February 26 & 27: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- February 27: Extra early release!!!
- March 2-6: Special Spirit Week
- March 6: Field Day
- Just a reminder that the kids do have a Readworks assignment this week. Readworks is great preparation for the upcoming AZMerit Assessment, which will begin around the beginning of April. It gives the kids a chance to practice reading articles online and finding/highlighting their answers. It is one passage and approximately 10 they will have to answer at home on the computer. I’ve attached the login information to this email. They will have access to the assignment starting tomorrow, so they can begin if they would like. The assignment will be due on Friday. It doesn’t have to be completed in one sitting. The program saves their work, so they can spread it out over multiple days.
- I know many of you have already signed up for a time slot for student-led conferences. If you haven’t already please click on the link below to select a slot. The purpose of a Student-led conference is for your childto discuss his/her personal progress and to inform you of the learning that has taken place in their classroom. The students will be taking you around to different stations to show you what we have been doing throughout the year. The conference time will vary from 20-30 minutes. Please make sure your child accompanies you to the conference. During the conference other students may be in the room showcasing their learning to their parents. If you feel you need a separate private conference with me please let me know. When the conference is over, I hope that you will have a better understanding of several aspects of your child’s school experience. The students and I look forward to meeting with you at the scheduled time. Please sign up for a time that is convenient for you and your child by clicking the link! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0C49ACAD29ABFC1-spring5
Math – Next week we will continue comparing fractions. I’ve attached a document explaining what we will be working on next week.
The more you can have the kids log into iReady at home the better. If they can spend 45 minutes a week on this program, it will show big improvements in their overall math understanding.
Next week we will continue with our multiplication tests. Some students will still be on 0’s, 1’s, and 2’s; while others will be moving onto their 3’s, 4’s, 5’s, and 6’s. The kids will have these quizzes on Mondays and Fridays. Please have the kids continue to memorize their multiplication facts. By the end of third grade we would like them to have their facts 0 – 10 memorized.
Reading – Next week we will continue to talk about our universe and working on the skill of comparing and contrasting text.
We will not have a spelling test this week.
The students are expected to read for 15 to 20 minutes each night. Please help encourage them to read!!
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns.