Assignments:1) Practice your instrument at home!!!! It is best to play every day!!!
7th Grade Band (period 5) Assessments:
Band Playing test details will be posted here
For playing tests you may:
Video Guidelines:You may submit multiple videos of a passage to score higher
- Play live for Mr. Krill
- Record a video of you playing and share with Mr. Krill (before the day of the test)
ScalesYou should be able to play:Concert Bb, Eb, Ab, C, and F scales from memory
- The best score will count (the point is playing the music correctly)
- You may record yourself on a school camera (during or outside class) and post on the H drive (Mr. Krill will help you if needed)
- You may record yourself on a phone, upload to Google Drive and share with firstname.lastname@example.org
- The entire video must show your face so we know it is you :-)
(in the listed order) at Q=100We will add to the list as the school year progresses.Recommended playing format
- Play each scale up and down in 1/4 notes
- Play again in 8th notes
- play any scale in 3rds pattern
- play any scale 2 octaves up and down
- Double check key signatures!!!
Ask Mr. Krill for help if you are not sure!!!