Students will earn quarterly grades based on their playing ability:
90 - 100% = A
Playing tests - 3-4 per Quarter
-content will be announced the week before the test
Personal Preparation: 10 Points per Class Day
-Bringing your instrument and accessories (5)
-Bringing your folder/sheet music/book (2)
-Good Citizenship and musical preparation (2)
-Bringing a pencil (1)
80 - 89% = B
70 - 79% = C
60 - 69% = D
0 - 59% = F
- Method Book
- Scale Sheet
- Concert Music Excerpts
- Students are expected to perform with their band- Remember this is our final project and everyone is a valuable part of the team!
- Maximum points (usually 50 per event) are earned through punctuality, proper dress, and appropriate behavior.
- "Excused" absences require written advance notice from a parent (several days or weeks before).
- Illness-related absences will be considered "excused" upon parent contact (preferably in writing).
- "Unexcused" absences cannot be made up since it is impossible to recreate the valuable experience of performing with a group.
Posting of Student Grades
Grades will be posted in the Parent Portal as time allows. Please check student grades there on a regular basis.
Use the Homework Page and Performance Calendar to check for assignment due dates.