At the Bus Stop
All school rules and consequences for breaking the rules are in effect at the bus stop. Bus drivers have the authority to enforce rules of conduct. If problems occur at the bus stop, please notify your child's school and/or the District for help in resolving those problems. School officials have the legal authority to respond to problems that occur to and from school or at the bus stop. Parents/guardians are responsible for supervision of students going to and from the bus. The following rules shall be followed at all times to ensure student safety:
- Be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled bus stop time.
- Stand a safe distance (at least 3 feet) back from the curb or street.
- Stand in line when the bus is approaching.
- Stay out of the street and away from traffic.
- Respect property in the neighborhood.
- Do not approach until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Use the steps and handrails when getting on and off the bus.
- Walk 10 feet in front of the stopped bus if it is necessary to cross the street or highway.
- Never walk or run behind a stopped bus to cross the street.