Preparing for the First Day
- Be prepared to show a valid form of picture identification when picking up children.
- Label all of your child’s personal items with first and last name (including backpacks, clothing, and water bottles).
- Please do not send your child with personal toys.
- Remember to sign your child in and out of the program each day using your full name.
- Remember to pick your child up before the Kids Club end-time. Late Pick Up Fees may be assessed per minute per child in the event of a late pick up (this also includes 1 hour per day programs).
- Please review the behavior guidelines.
- A snack will be provided daily. If you would like to send your child with extra snacks, we recommend no candy or soda, and when possible, no type of food using artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
Preschool (Three to Five-Year-Olds, not yet in Kindergarten)Provide the following items, labeled with your child’s first and last name:
*Each Friday, please take your child’s blanket and sheet home, launder it, and return it on Monday.**Please place money in an envelope or baggie labeled with your child’s first and last name or you may manage lunch funds online with a lunch account (you will need to obtain an ID number for your student from your site Coordinator)Drop-off/Pick-up
- Napping Materials: sheet (crib-sizes fitted), blanket and small pillow (optional)*
- Change of clothing in a labeled bag. Please include socks and underwear.
- Jackets, sweaters, hats, etc.
- Bottle of sunscreen (You may also apply sunscreen to your child before dropping him/her off)
- Water Bottle
- Children participating in the Early Learning Academy at KTA will adhere to the school uniform policy.
- Lunch and Breakfast (if applicable) or money to purchase a school lunch/breakfast.** You may also manage an online lunch account (you will need to obtain an ID number for your student from your site Coordinator)
Ensuring a safe start to your child's school day is important to us, so please park your car and walk your child in to the classroom. Per Department of Health Services' regulations, you must sign your child in (at arrival) and out (when you come in to pick up) each day. Children may not be dropped off prior to the program start time and must be picked up at the program end time. Be prepared to show a valid form of picture identification when picking up children.
Snacks are provided twice per day to children registered for full-day Preschool programs, and once per day for children attending half days. Breakfast and lunches are available for purchase purchased through the school cafeteria or you may provide a non-perishable breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately, refrigerators and microwaves are not available.Preparing for SuccessTo help aid your child in a successful day please keep in mind the following:
All ProgramsBirthday CelebrationsWe value the uniqueness of each child. Some families choose to celebrate birthdays with large parties while others choose to not celebrate birthdays at all. In our ongoing efforts to provide anti-biased choices and activities, the following guidelines apply to celebrating birthdays:
- Simple clothing allows your child to be free and relaxed. Clothing that allows a child to dress and undress themselves with out assistance. Children participating in the Early Learning Academy at KTA will adhere to the school uniform policy.
- Shoes with soft soles should be worn to enable children to effectively participate in activities that develop coordination.
- Review the behavior guidelines.
1. Children’s birthdays will only be acknowledged with the family’s permission.
2. Birthday celebrations will focus on the developmental stage of life (not on a party).
a.) Birthday parties are not held during program hours.
b.) Goodie bags, special entertainers, etc. may not be provided.
3. Special birthday recognitions may include a child making and wearing a birthday crown, special “helper” responsibilities, line leader, etc.
4. Family members are welcome and encouraged to join us for lunch or snack on their child’s special day.
5. Families may provide for the class to share healthy, prepared snacks that align with the District’s nutritional standards.
a.) Healthy snacks include fruit, 100% juice, yogurt, vegetables, smoothies, etc.
b.) Cookies, cake, candy, etc. are not permitted.
c.) All food must be prepared in a commercial kitchen and in its original packaging. Please speak with your Program Coordinator if you have questions about a potential snack not listed.Summer Programs (additional information)
Swimming and Sun SafetyChildren in school age programs may attend swimming trips. Please remember to have your child wear their field trip T-shirt and to label all of your child’s belongings using your child’s first and last names. Community Education is not responsible for lost or stolen items.On swim days, remember to send your child with a labeled:
- Submit completed permission slips (for each child).
- Send your child in close-toed shoes.
- Bottle of sunscreen (please apply sunscreen to your child before dropping him/her off)
- Swimsuit and towel
- Hat and sunglasses
- Water bottle
Snacks will be provided to every child in the morning and in the afternoon. Breakfast and lunches are not available for purchase; therefore, children need to bring a non-perishable breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately, refrigerators and microwaves are not available.
Escorting Children to and from Summer Academy
Kids Club will escort children who are also currently enrolled in Summer Academy to and from the Summer Academy bus or to and from the Summer Academy Office (should both programs be located on the same campus). Please note Kids Club will not be available from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Summer Academy locations during Summer Academy days. Therefore, Kids Club is not responsible for escorting children between Summer Academy classes and will only escort them before and after the 4-hour morning block.