For ages 3-5 years and not yet in KindergartenAge-appropriate activities designed to help children reach their full potential cognitively, emotionally, physically, and socially.Preschool (back to top)
Arts Integrated Preschool (back to top)
- NEW Locations for 2018-19: Colina (Ahwatukee), Lomas (Ahwatukee) and Sierra (Ahwatukee)
- Locations at Manitas (Tempe), Milenio (Ahwatukee), Mirada (Chandler) and Monte Vista (Ahwatukee)
- Hands-on approach
- Encourages learning at each child's own pace
- Learning through guided play
- Multi-age classrooms
- Prepares students for Kindergarten in Kyrene
Bienvenidos Dual Language Preschool (back to top)
- Location: Paloma Elementary (Chandler)
- A multi-aged approach to early education that allows children to learn naturally through their distinctive learning styles.
- Hands-on program design meets the individual developmental needs of all children through creativity, imagination, exploration and active participation.
- Early learning standards are seamlessly taught by nurturing individual creative expression through music, movement, literature, fine arts, and drama.
- Children reach their full potential across developmental domains (cognitive, physical, adaptive, and social-emotional) and meet important milestones using best practice early childhood techniques.
Early Learning Academy Preschool (back to top)
- A Spanish language exploration program at Kyrene de los Lagos (Ahwatukee) and Kyrene del Norte (Tempe)
- Using instruction in both English & Spanish, this unique Dual Language Early Learning Program provides age appropriate activities where children reach their full potential cognitively, emotionally, physically, linguistically and socially.
- Uses the Dual Language Academy 50/50 model where instruction is split half the day in English and half the day in Spanish.
- Provides age appropriate activities where students can apply language in its natural environment.
- Fosters an environment where students build an appreciation for cultural diversity.
NEW for 2018-19: Leader in Me Preschool (back to top)
- Location: Kyrene Traditional Academy (Chandler)
- Approach combines both child-initiated and teacher-directed approach.
- Teachers deliver a personalized approach meeting the individual needs of each student.
- Students will participate in school-wide events and adhere to the school uniform policy.
- Student progress will be followed with portfolios and developmental assessments.
Project-based Preschool (back to top)
- Location: Cerritos Elementary (Ahwatukee)
- Stories from Sean Covey’s The 7 Habits of Happy Kids will be read to introduce students to leadership skills.
- The 7 Habits of Happy Kids will be reinforced through daily activities, songs and classroom conversations.
- Students will hold leadership roles in the classroom and keep Leader notebooks with data, goals and work samples.
- The Maker Space will allow for design thinking challenges that will encourage students to take risks and explore their ideas.
Reggio Emilia Preschool (back to top)
- Location: Waggoner Elementary (Tempe)
- Through project-based learning, the concepts of problem solving, creativity and investigation will be introduced and reinforced to our early learners.
- Activities support developing early critical thinking skills and global mindedness.
Note: Children in our three to five year-old programs must have self-sufficient toileting skills (i.e., must be able to use the toilet consistently without frequent “accidents” in the child’s clothes or the use of diapers or pull-ups).
- Location: Estrella Elementary (Ahwatukee)
- Emphasizes guided learning and child-led collaboration.
- Languages celebrated with daily exposure to Spanish for preparation for a dual language academy.
- Teachers guide a progressive, child- centered approach where a child is free to discover.
- Classroom will be extended into a signature outdoor learning environment.
- Children explore, express, and create with different materials in the atelier (studio).