About The Teacher
Hello, my name is Jeanne Cano and this year will be my 26th year teaching at Kyrene Traditional Academy - also known as KTA. We just had our first graduating 8th grade class this year and we are all very PROUD TIGERS! I am thrilled to share that I teach at an A+, National Blue Ribbon school, and Spalding accredited school with amazing staff & students! KTA is the first and only traditional school in the Kyrene School District & we are excited to be a school of choice! The rigorous academics, supportive collaboration, and incredible diversity of this campus makes me feel that I am a part of something very special. This is truly a magical school and wonderful community!
My personal teaching experience includes both kindergarten and second grades, but my heart truly belongs to the "K!" The enthusiasm and excitement that young children exhibit is highly contageous (and you must admit that they say the "darndest" things!) Kindergarteners tend to have unbounding energy, a twinkle in their eye, and are full of wonder about almost everything! While I hold high expectations for myself and "our kids," I will give my best efforts as we grow and learn together. Your family support is critical and a most welcome part to this wonderful academic adventure. Your child will be a valued addition to our community of learners. We will work on individual goals to be safe, respectful, responsible -- known as the KTA "3B's" -- and strive to be risk-takers in our learning environment. Our classroom community will promote a safe atmosphere to help ensure that all students have a strong self worth and are not afraid to see any mistake as a learning opportunity. I hope to make this a year of positive experiences and to send your child on the way with a love of learning and a tremendous feeling of success. I look forward to strong partnership and having a great year with everyone!
Here are some interesting facts about me and things I really enjoy!
* Spending time with my family & 4 dogs! (Crazy, huh?!)
* Watching football & baseball games - Go Sun Devils & Arizona Cardinals!!! (My nephew is currently an L.A. Charger football player & we, also, proudly cheer for him!)
* Enjoy reading and traveling to ballparks around the
* Taking classes that keep me up-to-date on the best
* Hanging out with family & good friends
* Born and raised in Indiana (The youngest of three.)
* Lived in Irvine, CA. for 1 1/2 years
* Returned to AZ. in 1981
* Married and have adult twin daughters (Also, ASU
* B.A. Degree from Arizona State University
* M.ED. from Northern Arizona University
* Early Childhood Endorsed
* Structured English Immersion Endorsed
* CGI (Cognitive Guided Instruction) trained
* Thinking Maps Trainer
* Spalding Trained (Reading & Writing components)
* A+ School & Blue Ribbon School application team member
* Was a nominee for "2017 Arizona Teacher of the Year"
* Was a nominee for Tempe Diablos "Teacher of the Year" 2019, 2020