Kyrene Athletic Program
Where champions are made!Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field. Each year, over 3,000 middle school students from the Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix area participate in the Kyrene Athletic Program. This Program provides a positive, high quality sports program that emphasizes participation, teamwork, skill development, and sportsmanship.
Goals and objectives for every participant:
- Physical skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights of all others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
- All students must have a current sports physical on file in order to try out;
- Payments must be made before the first practice for cut-sports and by the second practice for non-cut sports;
- Financial Assistance is available, please inform your school's student services secretary if you will be submitting an application before you try-out for a cut-sport or attend the first practice for a non-cut sport. You can find the Financial Aid application here.
Keep in touch with Athletics!Sign up for the Remind messaging service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You’ll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays and special Kyrene Athletics events. To sign up go to www.remind.com or download the Remind app on your mobile device.
To join the Fall Volleyball class enter code @k9h34a or click the following link: https://www.remind.com/join/k9h34a
To join the Fall Boys Soccer class enter code @hbcbhb or click the following link: https://www.remind.com/join/hbcbhb
To join the Fall Cross Country class enter code @bkh4k2 or click the following link: https://www.remind.com/join/bkh4k2
You can access try-out and registration information from your computer or tablet using the link www.kyrene.org/athleticregistration. Please note that registration currently is not available via mobile devices.
For information regarding tryouts and practices, contact your Athletic Secretary (see contact information below)
- Sports Physical Form
Financial Assistance Application
- Brain Injury/Concussion Form (mild traumatic) (see concussion fact sheet below)
- Kyrene Sportsmanship Agreement
- Wednesday After Hours Supervision Agreement
Health & Safety Information:
- Parent & Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- AIA Heat Acclimatization & Exertional Heat Illness Management Policy
- Hot Weather, Heat Stress & School Safety
- Hazing Policy
- Opioid Handout
- Cardiac Arrest Handout
Fall Tournament information below:
- Sports Physical Form